Chapter 6

The rest of the day sped by quickly and before I knew it, I was heading to my car. Luckily, I had no more confrontations with Harry. Even though he was in my last period study hall, he did not acknowledge me. For once, luck was on my side.

When I walk into the house, I grab a bag of chips and an ice tea to eat in my room while watching The Notebook. There's nothing like a chick flick to calm my nerves about tonight. How should I act around Zayn? Should I stay in the sweats I've thrown on, or change into something more classy and formal? The suspense of actually having someone come over to meet me was distracting me from the movie, so I decide to just shut it off.

When I look at the clock, it points at the five. I still have an hour left until Zayn comes to pick me up, so I decide to take another shower to freshen up. Once I'm done with my quick shower, I apply some light makeup and put on a new pair of dark skinny jeans with a flannal shirt. I leave my hair to air dry because I'm too lazy to blow dry it. Once i'm done getting ready, I clean up my room, even though I know Zayn won't be in here. As crazy as it sounds, my room is a special, private place for me and I only let those closest to me, Amy and Chris, come in here.

At 5:55, the door bell rings from downstairs. I quickly grab my hand bag and rush to the front door. When I open the door, I can't seem to speak. Zayn looks absolutely stunning in his dark jeans and white button down shirt. He combed his hair back with gel and next to him, I feel like trash.

" Hey..Zayn. Thanks for coming.." I stutter when I can finally manage to talk.

" The pleasure is mine Bella," Zayn says with a laugh.

" Do you want to come in?" I ask since it would be rude not too.

" Yeah sure, we have time," Zayn says,walking in. I lead him to the living room and let him sit down on a couch before I take a seat next to him.

" This place is just..wow," Zayn says while looking around in envy," Your parents must be millionaires."

" Not quite. Would you like something to eat?" I say with an attempt to change the subject. I would rather not talk about my "parents" right now.

" Nah I'm good. We're going out for dinner anyways.." Zayn says getting up, " I can only imagine how big your bedroom is."

" It's not that big..I prefer smaller rooms."

" I should be the judge of that.." Zayn says. He wants to see my room, that's what he's implying.

" There are so many places I want to see in Virginia! We should get going so I can make it home by eleven.." I say with as much enthusiasm as I can muster. I grab his hand and almost drag him out of the living room.

" Your right, I planned some really amazing sights for us to see," Zayn says with a huge grin.

As we walk up to his toyota, I realize that I'm still holding his hand. I gently release my hand from his and walk up to the passenger side. The inside of his car smells like smoke and something else that I can't put my finger on.

While Zayn is driving to god knows where, I look out the tinted window. The scenery is breath taking and I get this amazing feeling inside of me, a feeling that is so carefree and fresh.

" Zayn, are you sure you're not kidnapping me?" I ask impatiently. We've been in this car for about an hour now and if this car ride takes any longer, I'll get car sick.

" Hm..good idea, but not yet, " Zayn says with a grin, " Don't worry, we'll be there in ten more minutes."

" Where are we even going?!" I ask exasperatedly.