Prologue.

"Bea stop this nonsense! You're crazy! Please, tayo na lang ulit. Cause I can't seem to find any reason para siya ang balikan mo at hindi ako."

I stared at her as tears fell down from her eyes. This girl, she's the one who made me feel tons of different emotions. And now, I'm still wondering how we ended up shouting at each other.

"Actually, there is a word for this, it's love. I'm inlove with her okay? If you're looking for the word that means caring about someone beyond all rationality and wanting them to have everything they want no matter how much it destroys you, it's love!

And when you love someone, you just, you don't stop, ever. Even when people roll their eyes or call you crazy."

I stopped to wipe my eyes but the tears won't stop falling.

"Even then, especially then. You just, you don't give up because if I could give, if I could just, you know, take the whole world's advice and move on and find someone else. That wouldn't be love! That would be some other disposable thing that is not worth fighting for. And she, she is worth fighting for."

I stopped talking and waited for her to talk, to atleast tell me what she's thinking.

She stood up and held my hand.

"I'm sorry. I just can't shake it. I-I-I can't shake this feeling that nothing about me and Joseph makes any sense."

She said in between her sobs.

I held her hand and placed it on my cheeks.

"But love doesn't make sense. You can't logic your way into or out of it. Love is totally nonsensical, but we have to keep doing it or else.... we're lost and-and-and love is dead and humanity should just pack it in. Because love is the best thing we do.

I know it sounds cheesy but it's-it's just true.

You love Joseph...

And Joseph loves you...

It is how it's supposed to be."

She bowed her head and in cue, I held her in my arms.

"I love you, you know that. But I love her-"

She cut me off and finished the sentence for me.

"You love me but you love her more than you love me."

I just nodded because for the first time, my voice betrayed me. I couldn't get any words out of my mouth.

"If setting you free means that my love for you is eternal and real. Then Bea, I am setting you free."

I broke the hug and stared to her swollen eyes.

"Thank you. Thank you for letting me go."

She smiled. A genuine one.

"Go get your girl. Cause I know you can love her more than this. More than you could ever love me."

~~~~~~

Hello! This is my first Jhobea story. I hope you liked the epilogue. 😊 I already wrote the next chapter, so watch out for it. Hehehe.

Comments, votes and suggestions are highly appreciated. Thanks ❤