~Chapter 6: This Isn't Right

~Chapter 6: This Isn’t Right

            Jalen and I sat in the living room of the hotel room, completely silent for a while. Jalen spoke, breaking the silence. “This was supposed to be a vacation.” I nodded. “We were supposed to have fun.” I nodded again.

            “Did Warped Tour end yet?” I said softly, close to a whisper.

            “Yeah, but I really don’t even care anymore.”

            “Me neither.”

            Jalen looked at me. “I don’t believe you.”

            “I don’t believe you either,” I responded, looking at her too.

            “What even happened to us?” she asked, tears in her eyes. “Why did it happen?” I shrugged. None of us knew what to say. “I could be close to marrying Andy right now. But instead, we’re split apart. I don’t even know where he is right now.”

            “Kellin’s at his mom’s house in Michigan. We were supposed to meet back in our house but I’m not so sure as to if I want to go back or not. It seems as if we’re farther apart than ever.”

~Next Day~

            “I’m going out,” Jalen told me. “Be back by six or so.”

            “Where you going?”

            “To meet Vic.”

            “He’s in England?” I asked.

            “Well, apparently, he flew over to see us.”

            I shrugged and muttered to myself, “At least someone will be keeping an eye on her.”

            “What was that?”

            “Nothing! I’m just glad Vic will be there for you.” I smiled. “Now, go!”

            “Will you be okay?”

            I nodded. “I’m probably going to meet up with Oli to settle some stuff. Meet you back?”

            “Okay, see you then!”

~~~~

            “Oli?” I said, knocking on his door. He opened up.

            “Hey, you’re back. What’s up?” he asked, leaning in the doorway.

            “I’m sorry for having an outburst last time, Kellin and I got in a fight and--.”

            “Got in a fight? Tell me all about it, come in.”

            Oli and I went up to his bedroom and we sat down on his bed. “So, have you been receiving any… hate from…”

            “Yeah, but I don’t let it bother me.”

            “I know it bothers you. It bothers you a lot.”

            Oli shrugged. “I’ve learned to live with it.”

            I sighed deeply. “I don’t know how I’ll ever explain our past to him. I always avoided the topic because I was afraid something like this would happen.”

            “So you’ve lost him.”

            “Don’t put it that way.”