~Chapter 2: To My Shock

            Jalen and I spent the rest of the day with Warped Tour. We went out with a few bands (SWS, PTV, BVB, OM&M, and ATL) for dinner, only to go for a walk in the streets afterwards. As Kellin linked his fingers in mine, I looked back to see Jalen and Andy and the rest of the boys. I smiled to myself. “How do you like it in Paris?” I asked Kellin.

            He laughed. “It’s beautiful, just like you.”

            “Well, it IS the city of love,” I replied. I turned around. “Vic! Have you found yourself a girl yet?” I asked.

            Vic Fuentes turned his head toward me and laughed. “Unfortunately not.”

            “Dude, you really need to get out there sometime,” his brother, Mike, joked. “You need a lady!”

            Vic shrugged. “Aw, nah, I think I’m good with just myself for now, haha.”

            I smiled, and then remembered Jalen hadn’t met Vic yet. “Jalen! Meet Pierce The Veil. This is Vic, and that’s Mike, his younger brother. There’s Tony,” I pointed to Tony Perry, “and Jaime,” I gestured to Jaime Preciado.   

            Jalen rolled her eyes at me. “I know who they are, you idiot, I may not get out much, but because I don’t, I do some research on the internet, okay? I don’t live under a rock, LIKE YOU,” she responded jokingly.

            I pretended to be shocked and replied, “A rock? It’s a rock BAND, thank you very much. I love under a rock BAND. You don’t have to be such a douche canoe.”

            “Douche canoe?!” Jalen asked, everyone laughing. “You’re the stinkbrain! In fact, I’m restraining myself from calling you a bitch, because I am a nice friend.”

            “Oh, you are NOT nice.”

            “Like you’re any better.”

            We burst out laughing. “You guys can totally tell we’re best friends,” I said as-a-matter-of-factly as we kept walking down the streets of Paris.

            I turned serious. “So, are you going to Germany next, babe?” I asked Kellin.

            He nodded. “Yupp! I’m so stoked; we have so many fans there!”

            I smiled. Little did I know, that’s where it would all begin.

~Two Days Later~

Jalen’s POV:

            “Bye, babe, I’ll see you in Germany,” I said to Andy.

            He smiled and gave me five long, passionate kisses while holding my shoulders. I was short and he was tall, so I stood on my tippy-toes to touch his face. “See you.”

            Andy waved goodbye to catch up with his band, yelling, “I LOVE YOU, JALEN!” and left.

            I sighed dreamily, wondering what our wedding would be like. I turned and watched Annaliese and Kellin have a quick make-out session and part. I smiled to myself and walked over to my best friend. “Getting tongue there?”

            “Shut up. You and Andy were doing the same.”

            I raised an eyebrow at her smugly. “You like that.”

            Annaliese rolled her eyes and replied, “Come on. Let’s go back to the hotel and pack up.”

~~~~

            Annaliese did nothing but play on her phone and eat the whole plane ride. I, on the other hand, tried to make conversation with her, because, you know, that’s kind of what best friends do. “When are you and Kellin getting married?” I asked her.

            “Maybe on my 24th birthday, like you,” she replied, not looking up from her phone.

            “I’m already 24, Annaliese, I thought you’d know that, since, uh, you know, you’re kind of supposed to be my best friend.”

            “I am,” Annaliese answered, playing Flappy Bird. “I JUST BEAT MY HIGHSCORE, HAH!” She held her phone up to my nose.

            I pushed it away and glared at her. “Stop it, Annie!”

            “Don’t call me that… Jay.”

            “Ugh, shut up. I hate being called that name, ew.” And that was basically the whole plane ride.

~~~~

            “WE’RE FINALLY HERE,” I breathed out heavily as we got to our hotel in Germany. “NUUUGH.” I collapsed on the bed.

            Annaliese’s phone rang. “Hello? Oh, hey, babe. You guys arrived? Same. Wanna go for dinner? Okay, meet you there.”

            I watched her from the corner of my eye. “Where are we going for dinner?”

           “Uh, well Kellin asked to meet us for dinner. Pierce The Veil and the rest of Sleeping With Sirens are coming. He didn’t say Andy was gonna be there though.”

            “Oh well, he’s probably out with his boys. Let’s go.”

~~~~

            Dinner was oddly quiet for Annaliese and me. The boys chatted the night away as we returned to the Warped Tour trailers. I wanted to go on a walk, but Annaliese wanted to stay with Kellin. Therefore, I told her I’d meet her back here.

            I walked through the streets of Germany, swinging my arms and taking in the sight of the lights. I walked by a nearby bar and spotted a boy with black hair. I stopped to stare, even though I could only see the back of his head. Across from him was a girl with black hair also. He leaned forward to give her several long, passionate kisses. I smiled, thinking of Andy and me. I picked up my phone and dialed his number, watching the couple from the window. To my shock, the boy took out his phone. And that’s when he turned around.

            It was Andy. MY Andy.