Chapter 3

Jashin strode down the halls of her dark palace, her partner, Kurosawa, by her side. Jashin walked with her arms behind her back and an angered look on her face.

"That fool! He lets his followers come back, but if I want one, just ONE of ours, he starts whining about how it goes against nature to do so!"

Kurosawa nodded agreeing with her lover on this state of affairs. Yoru was very loyal to both Kurosawa and Jashin, the most dedicated follower the Goddesses had ever seen.

"Well, we could just go to the human realm and just take what he desires most" Kurosawa suggested. Jashin shook her head; her messy black hair flowing about in the air and falling over her face, covering her crimson eyes and gray complexion.

"He wants his girl to grow up and become a woman. If we take her we deprive the child of that and I just can't do that to a follower" Jashin crossed her arms and looked down at Kurosawa.

"Maybe we can have a tournament: Amaterasu's dead followers vs. our Yoru; the winner gets to return home.”

"You know the God of heaven will not accept, and if he does he has an ARMY, we would only have one man."

"Ah, but you are forgetting what kind of man Yoru is; he is the one that took out almost an entire army before he was tricked and killed"

"Because of his is foolish mortal morals," Kurosawa spat. Jashin nodded and wrapped her arms around Kurosawa.

"Yes, but, with him here we can make him into a Spawn, a warrior for the underworld, Lord of darkness, master of the night, killer of..."

"I get it," Karosawa said in a stoic manner. Jashin looked down at the limbo goddess and shrugged.

"As I was saying, we can turn Yoru into a true monster and he will smite all heathens and those who dare to oppose us! And he can beat the light out the Heaven's army" Jashin smiled and kissed Karosawa's cheek. The goddess hugged Jashin and pulled herself away.

"And he can go back to the human world and slaughter the humans; the more souls we obtain, the stronger we get"

"And that is why no one worships us; when they die they are scared that we will devour them" Jashin giggled and waved a hand in the air carelessly.

"But we will; if they are loyal enough, then they get to live here with us, but if not…"

"Into the oven they go" Jashin laughed and threw her head back. "Those humans can be so stupid sometimes. We only get stronger if we take the power and memories of the souls"

"And Amaterasu has taken so many memories and abilities that he is virtually unbeatable" Kurosawa danced around her eternal partner; the ribbons holding the buns on her hair swirled around in the air with every graceful step she took.

"Ah, but to the GOD of the Earth, we are just the hags of the night." Jashin sighed as she was pulled into Kurosawa's dance. "Allowed to do nothing but cause death and destruction,”

Kurosawa held Jashin's hands, their fingers interlocking with each other. Kurosawa pulled herself close to the Goddess of death, only coming up to her chest. The reaper rested her head in Jashin's breasts and closed her eyes.

"You know Amaterasu likes you; he'll probably let you bring Yoru back for just a simple kiss," Kurosawa teased. She knew her lover despised the God of light and heaven; he ripped off the two Goddesses, stealing the kingdom of light and leaving them with the kingdoms of darkness. Jashin stuck out her tongue and shook her head.

"I would rather be buried alive in worms than kiss him"

Kurosawa let out a light laugh and danced around the tall Goddess and gracefully waved about her arms.

"Well, if worse comes to worse, you’ll have to make Yoru battle the beasts," Kurosawa sighed and stopped her little dance. Jashin crossed her arms and tilted her head.

"I know, but I'm worried that they maybe too much for him."

Kurosawa looked up at Jashin and nodded.

"He'll fall for their traps for sure; no human has defeated them"

Jashin sighed again. She had a rare moment of sympathy. She was heartless and cruel, but she also had a soft side. It came out around Kurosawa and now Yoru.

"If Amaterasu can give his followers the power to defeat the beasts, then we can give it to Yoru"

A little smile crawled across Jashin's face, and she let out a small laugh.

"I swear I'll get him back up; we have so few followers it is a shame to lose one."

Kurosawa nodded and went back to dancing around Jashin.

"Come, we must speak to the God and make our deal."

With that the Goddess ascended into the heavens..............