Chapter 23

Your P.O.V.

"But I don't want you to go."

"I'm sorry, baby girl. I need to. It's my job." I whispered as I hugged Alexia one last time for goodbye.

"What if I will need you for something?" She pointed out.

"Oh yeah? Like what?"

"I don't know." She shrugged, her tears glistening under the sun. We're in front of the tour bus and we are about to go to our next stop but we can't go because as you may have guessed it, Alexia would not let me go, "I would miss you too much? I don't know. I don't know the future."

She literally repeated one phrase three times. I can't leave her. I turned around and saw Lauren while mouthing at her 'Help me'. Leaving Miami is so hard because knowing that I'm gonna leave Alexia and my family again always breaks my heart but I can't do anything about it. I got myself in this mess and I just need to live with this. As long as I know where home is, I'm alright.

"Babygirl," Lauren called out and at the same time, Alexia and I turned to her direction. Shit. Shouldn't have done that.

"Not you babe." She says to me nonchalantly, waving me off. I felt my cheeks heat up and I could sense Lauren's smug smile from here, making me scoff at her attitude. I swear this girl.

"Lexy," Lauren said, crouching down to Alexia's height. She brought her hand near Alexia's face and by instinct, Alexia moved her head closer Lauren's hand, slightly purring because of the contact. I know how soft Lauren's hands are so I understand her completely. "Yeah?"

"I'll take care of Spaggy for you." Lauren declares, giving me a side glance but quickly turning back at Alexia. "I'm her partner, right? I'll guard her with my life."

"You promise?" Alexia asked while sticking out her pinky to Lauren causing Lauren to melt on the spot.

"Of course, baby." She says as she links her pinky with Alexia's. But before Lauren could bring her lips to her pinky to seal the deal, Alexia stopped her.

"Do you promise that you will keep her safe? That you will use your super- superna- superal-"

"Supernatural, Babe." I cut her off, helping her with the word again. I would literally cry if she learns how to say that word. 

"Yes. That one." Alexia nodded while pointing at me before continuing, "-powers to protect her from harm and from those monsters that would keep her up at night and make her cry?"

"I promise." Lauren declared, kissing her thumb and with Alexia following suit.

I was busy admiring this scenario that I didn't notice Lauren saying, "With me by her side, I would make sure not a single tear would fall out of those beautiful eyes."

My heart jumped with delight and I can't help but clutch on to it, mouthing at Lauren, "I love you," without saying it out loud because people still didn't know about our relationship and we are literally waiting for them to catch on. I know that we shouldn't keep this to ourselves but it's fun, okay?

We just want Dinah to suffer.

Speaking of the devil, "Get married already."

Alexia kissed Lauren's cheeks then ran to Dinah's arms, making Dinah carry her.

"Yeah. What she said." Alexia says. Both of them are the captains of our ship so who can blame them. These two has bonded really quickly and they can't get enough of each other. I may sound like I'm surprised but consider the fact that Alexia is an imaginative little girl that gets whatever she wants and then there's Dinah who is a queen. I mean it was a matter of time that they would meet each other.