Chapter 4: A Familiar Face?

You find yourself back at work on Monday, following the disastrous events of Friday night. You hadn't really spoken to Will over the weekend, only sending a message saying that you had got back alright, and then his reply hoping that you felt better soon. To be honest you were slightly dreading seeing him today, as you didn't want the museum to be brought up again. It had taken two days of marathoning Fargo and drinking wine to get everything that happened out of your conscious. And you were all too worried about how quickly those lustful feelings, soaked in unintentional deceit, would come flooding back.

After just having picked up your morning coffee you were sat at your desk, logging onto your computer, ready to answer the unnecessary amount emails that had probably piled up over the weekend. Sipping on the cappuccino you slowly swivelled around on your chair to have a look outside of the window. You were lucky, probably having one of the best views in the office; of the old square that was filled with blooming flowers (the perks of spring). You spend most of your time procrastinating, looking out of the window, which I guess is a lot better than others in the office numbing their minds on The Wild Network.

"It looks good with all of the blossom at the moment," You swivel around to find Will smiling at you, leaning against your desk.

"Yeah, it's my favourite time of the year for the square." He was holding a coffee mug, whilst his iPad was tucked under his other arm. "How are you anyway? Good weekend?"

"I'm pretty tired, but this coffee is certainly waking me up"

"Double espresso?"

He nodded taking another sip, "My weekend wasn't too bad. Just chilled with the 'bae'," he said as ironically as possible. "How about you? Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah... sorry again for ditching you," you looked down at your desk hoping that he wouldn't probe any further into the museum dilemma. Instead of a verbal response, Will placed his coffee mug onto your desk. You looked over to see what he was doing, to find him searching for something on his iPad.

After finding whatever he must have been looking for, he handed the device over to you, "Was this why you left the museum early?"

You look at the webpage that Will had loaded to see the nightmarish WWCOMMS logo. It was an article written on 'The Wild World' (their newspaper) about the museum opening. You scrolled down to find an image of yourself. Of course you wouldn't have been stupid enough pose for one of their photographers. But this one was a candid, with you looking over at the dinosaurs. 

God, he must have taken a sneaky picture without you noticing.

Will watched your expression change, as you reacted to what you were seeing on the screen. Much like an indecisive mood ring; turning from surprise, to annoyance, then into a blue like sadness. He knows how much you hate WWCOMMs, but for you to have such a profound reaction meant that this must have hurt you.

"What happened?" his voice full of concern.

You look up to catch his eye, taking a sip of your coffee before you told Will what went down. About Dan; how he complemented your shoes, how the conversation seemed to flow effortlessly, how you happened to have the same taste in pop culture, how you didn't feel awkward, and how his eyes seemed to make you feel safe...

"And then you found out who he worked for, and ran?" Will half joked.

"Yeah I know it sounds silly, but it felt like my best option at the time." You take a moment to look around the office, making sure that no one else is listening into your conversation before whispering, "But I was so sure that he was an indie, and that's what made it worse."