Chapter two

A/N top is Luci's room.

Rewritten edit: Please if you see anything wrong with this chapter tell me.

_______________

I am woken with a bang and I see Ara pounding on my window. I give her a weird look and open my door.

"So, the drive only took ten hours and five pit stops, but we have now reached our new home," Ara says and smiles.

"You could have woken me up," I say completely disregarding her previous statement and the fact it's about one in the morning.

"I know, but you were sound asleep and I know you haven't been getting enough sleep lately," Ara replies softly.

"Okay, I guess, but next time I'm driving," I smile.

She mumbles something I can't understand and walks over to the truck driver. I then decide to get out of my seat. I slide out of my seat and place my feet on the New Jersey ground. I turn to look at our new house but my eyes get caught on our neighbor. Their lights are still on, I know that it's only one in the morning but everyone in this neighborhood had their lights off. They must be a night owl or have a weird work shift. After finishing my debate with myself I turn my eyes to finally look at our new house.

It had a small metal fence all the way around the back yard, at least I would assume, I can't see the backyard from here. There are small flowers planted on the inside of the fence and they look freshly planted and watered.

The house itself is breathtaking, it is a light blue color with navy blue shingles and a white-cream door. The house is two levels the second on being a basement. The windows seem huge compared to the one located on the bottom that seems to let a little light into the basement. I then place my eyes to the roof to make sure there won't be any leaks. It looks fairly new and should do.

"Luci, we are all set and have to get everything in this house before five in the afternoon or the truck will leave with it," Ara says with a slight frown

Me being the weirdo I am, I replied,"okay let's get this party started."

---

After two hours we had everything in the house. The boxes are sorted to each room they contain stuff for. I put the last box in my room and I can hear Ara talking to the truck driver, then hear tires squealing and I assume the truck has left. I set the box down and look at my room.

The walls are a grey color and I have one window to the side of my bed. It had a bed places in the middle of the main wall. I look at the boxes in my room and count them, I have six, the amount I had when I packed up.

I then walk to the rest of the rooms counting the boxes and add them up to the sum of forty-eight. That's the number we had when we left.

I go back to my room and start to put stuff away, I first plug my clock in next to my dresser I was able to get in and check the time. It is about three-thirty in the morning. I look out my small window that points at the neighbor's house and see two men in the window, they seem to be acting like monkeys, one of them have a camera and is laughing at the other one. The first man had hair shaved about a quarter of an inch and then on the top, it is slightly curly and pushed back, it is hard to tell but I think his hair is a dark brown color.

The second man, who is holding the camera has about the same haircut as his friend, but his hair seems to be a brown or brunette color. I then decide to give the men nicknames so I could tell Ara about them. I give the man with brown hair the nickname of Curly and the man with the camera the name of Blondie. I then go to put a shelf above the window when I make eye contact with Curly. He smirks at me and says something to blondie and points. Blondie gets a weird look on his face but follows Curly's hand, his eyes landing on me. I quickly duck down to the floor and sit there.

"Shit, this is not good, why does my awkwardness get me into trouble," I sit on the floor for about another minute.

I then crawl out of my room and into Ara's. She gives me a weird look but the freezes when she sees my face. She crouches down near my face.

"Luci, what's wrong you look like you saw a ghost?" She asks, concern written on her face.

"Well, I was looking out the window at our new neighbors and kind of made awkward contact with one of them, then the one I made eye contact with told his friend and then, I kind of hid under my window," I say to Ara with a slightly sad face.

"Dear, Luci what am I going to do with you?" Ara says under her breath.

I shrug and then jump when I hear the doorbell go off. I grunt and walk over to the door. I peek through the peephole and see a brown eye. I was not expecting this and I jumped back and screamed. I then hear laughter and a high-five sound.

"Good job Mikey, you scared a girl," I hear someone say.

I look to my side and see a half open box. I grab the first thing I see, an umbrella. I then open the door, with the umbrella in hand and point it at the guys. I recognize them to be the neighbors. Still holding the umbrella, I shoot them a confused look.

"Well, my friend here seems to be star-struck but, we came over to say hi to our new neighbors and to ask why you were staring at us at four in the morning," Blondie says

"Well, I um, I,-" I am cut off my Ara

"Hi, you must be our neighbors why don't you come in, would you like a drink," Ara walks up to the door and elbows me in the face," My friend here doesn't know any manners, please ignore her."

I know Ara is just joking but blondie seems to believe her, I turn my eyes to Curly and see him trying not to laugh. I stick my tongue out of my mouth and cross my eyes and took at him. I faintly see in my blurred stated that one of them hit the other. I focus my eyes and see Blondie holding his hand in the air and curly is giggling, I didn't know guys giggled. Blondie then looks at Ara.

"No, please excuse my dumbass of a friend, he has no manners when it comes to talking to people," Blondie says and steps inside.

I turn my head to the side and grab curly's arm, I then walk to the basement and open the door. What I see makes me gasp, I almost push Curly into it too. The basement is flooded and has weird stuff floating in it. Curly shoots me a weird look, he then burst into laughter.

All I wanted to do was fucking throw him in the water.

"Your basement is flooded just like Jake's, this is so funny," he said in between laughs

"Well, maybe you should go home and check your basement then," I reply sarcastically, then add on," Asshole."

"Well, as a matter of fact, I live in an apartment with my mom and brother," He says back to me with sass.

"Okay, so you're like 12, I got it," I reply back with sass.

"You know you're the one who pulled me here, no need to be mean," He whines.

"You're the one who, didn't object to being pulled over here," I whine back.

"Well, I see, I am going to tell Ara the basement is flooded, I will be back, or you can come with me," I say back with annoyance in my voice.

I turn and walk away, and he is following me.

-----

I think this one is better. I know that the next chapter NEEDS to be edited, I think it is my worst chapter.