Chapter 1 - Band practice

I rushed down the corridor towards the music rooms. I was late for band practice, with my trumpet in my hand I burst into the room. I started to say, "sorry I'm late..." , but all I said was "Sorry". No one was in there, not even my friend Jess who was always early. I looked at my watch then at the wall, they both said 4:36, band started at 4:30 ...
I waited until 4:40, then I went looking for the band, I looked everywhere! But I still couldn't find them. I stepped outside to get a breather, strangely the normally crowded street was empty. Suddenly my anxiety kicked in,
Where is everyone?
Did I miss something?
Why is the school empty?
Where is Ed?
Ed or Edward is my twin brother, we are non- identical twins. Everyone thinks we are identical though!
I need Ed....
I ran through the school and pushed open the doors to the dance studio.
Matt was there, he looked up at me and immediately jumped up, " Kat what's wrong?" He asked stopping me right in my tracks " What happened?" He said looking in to my eyes and suddenly understood, "Ed" he said calmly "You need Ed" I nodded slowly. He grabbed my hand and dragged me into the hall and up onto the stage. Ed was there sitting in the corner of the stage, his head buried in his script. He looked up at me and slowly but calmly got up and came over. I started to cry and he held me tight in his week little arms. He lead me back stage, Matt followed close behind. "that's it, calm down Kat" said Matt, I let go of Ed and hugged Matt.

I had always secretly liked Matt, he was  always kind, especially when I had my panic attacks and  I couldn't help loving his cute brown fringe that was always falling into his brilliant green eyes...

"Kat..."Matt said looking down at me,
"Your squishing me"
"Sorry" I say letting go and stepping back
"Don't worry" he said smiling at me "Anyway what are we going to do"he looked at Ed then at me, I could see the worry in his eyes "The whole dance crew is gone and guessing by what just happened, seems like Kat's lot are gone too."
"Yeah... And I havent seen any of my drama friends either. They must have cleared the place last night,"Ed said looking around the room "The white van men have gone too far..."
•••
Who are the white van men?
What happened to all the people?
What will happen next....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi readers I hope you like the story!!! Sooooo many questions!!! 😂 I need to thank my friend Kassie for helping me adapt the characters and edit the writing, we have planed the whole book! Check out the books that she has written. Her name is 'KassiopeiaStarlight' , I love her book 'the wall' (which I helped edit!)
Thanks for reading,
~Lou x