Forest

"The ending is ambiguous, Spock," McCoy said. "if they went to werewolf territory that would have disgraced the entire franchise and turned it from vampire into werewolf genre--"

McCoy fell through a trap with a scream. They were on their second five year mission, circa 2270. Why did he let the man convince him to decide otherwise? McCoy had been planning to resign from star fleet and enjoy what was left of his life on this quadrant. He couldn't spend his golden years in space, forever, anyhow. He landed on his side on the floor. He felt pain from the side of his chest. He felt almost out of breath. He felt dizzy as he heard another body thud alongside him. Then there was softer thud that came with what sounded to be Jim's gasp. It was dark in whatever that they had landed. He was scared. Utterly, actually, terribly scared. His heart was pounding against his chest. He was experiencing pain coming from his chest.

"Doctor!" Pavel shouted.

Why did he have to fall in the middle of a forest?

"Commander?" Pavel added. Jim groaned, loudly.

It was such a cliche that there was a trap in the middle of the goddamn forest.

"Captain!" Hallisk added.

With Jim and Spock of all people.

"We are fine, Mr Chekov!" Jim called. The pain was a familiar one. One that he had faced for the past four and a half past years in space. "Mr Spock. . ."

"Doctor, Mr Spock, Captain--" Erika said.

"Run, and that's an order," Jim replied, as the sounds of shouting were heard.

"Lets go!" Chekov shouted.

They went past the hole.

McCoy felt his communicator was broken. He felt around to feel the shattered pieces pressing against his butt. He quickly slid it out with a yelp. He turned over feeling out of breath. It was painful to take a breath. McCoy felt sick to his stomach. He turned over then puked along his side. A hypo could not take care of this sickness but it could take care of feeling the pain. Pain killers. To think he would need pain killers, actively, for this away mission. He could last a few hours. They were running from the natives of the planet that they had visited. McCoy couldn't feel the ability to prop himself up. He coughed into his hand, excessively, feeling pain in his chest every time he breathed.

"I am fine, captain," Spock said. "are you adequate?"

"Waist doesn't hurt as much for landing on you," Jim said.

"Adequate landing, captain," Spock said, Spock propped himself over the doctor. "I am not sure about the doctor." McCoy felt his consciousness waver. He felt his body moved over to a different part of the landing while smelling his breakfast. It was disgusting. To think he ate it for breakfast. He felt a hand place place itself on the side of his face while seeing darkness. "Doctor, you need to relax yourself," Spock's deep, beautiful voice soothingly told him.

McCoy's eyes squeezed shut then he felt Jim's large hand placed onto his shoulder.

"Says the Vulcan who was arguin' over the lost boys," McCoy argued. "that movie was a master piece in the world of vampires. It's better than the--" he coughed. "twilight franchise."

"That is a movie and highly illogical given the way it was made," Spock said. McCoy's eyes were still shut. He coughed. "vampires would not lurk in a forest that blinds people with the lighting of their leaves."

"You are a tall thin pole of a bean, ya know?" McCoy asked.

"I am well aware of that," Spock said. "we are engaged in a mind meld," McCoy coughed. He could not hear if Spock was coughing. "unlike humans, Vulcans are more dense and more resilient against falls."