The Johnson Boys

"Hey," he spoke, and for all this time I thought he was just the loner in the back of the class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

S- "Umm, hey what's up?"
L- "Oh nothing. I just saw you around and wanted to introduce myself."
A long pause awaited us.
S- "So are you going to say anything Lance?"
L- "Y-y-you know my name?"
S- "Yea. I saw you stare this morning and we do sit next to each other in math."
L- "Oh yea we do."
S- "Anyways I have to go. Bye."
He didn't say anything as I left the awkward conversation. I was tired of all this drama I wasn't the girl to deal with all this.

As the day went on 7th period came closer and closer. The dreaded day was over and i somehow managed to steer clear of both the Johnson boys. And now back to my sweet, sweet home.

--home--
As I walked in the smell of bourbon and old takeout filled the room surrounding me. Mom must've brought home another man. Ever since dad cheated on her and left... she changed. She started out just at the bar drinking her pain away. Then after she got bored she brought home random guys just to sleep around with. I wasn't fazed by this. I knew my mom had problems soon to be passed down to me. I wasn't ready to start on my own, until I realized my own mom can't stand by herself. I'm scared for her. She's throwing empty wine bottles at the latest victim. I'd seen him around before. Before I get another glance at him he's sprinting in front of me in a t-shirt and his Batman boxers to the front door. He opens the door and my eyes follow after him and what i lay my eyes on surprises me. It's Lance. He asks if he could come in and I say yes and sneak him to my room and lock the door so my psychotic mother doesn't barge in and make a fool of me.

--Lance and I--
S- "Hey sorry to drag you in here but I just don't want you to see the evil presence of my müder."
L- "Oh, I guess she's kinda like mine. A drunk."
S- "Really?? Hmm I didn't know we had something in common."
L- "I bet we would if we got to know each other. So that's why I wanted to talk to you about last summer and the Noah thing."
S- "And why would this interest you?"
L- "I need to figure out my brother. He is getting out of control with this Samantha chick and he's screaming your name at the wall and punching new holes every day."
S- "What?!?!"
L- "Yea ever since last year he has been a wreck without you here."
S- "Ok, what do you want to talk about?"
L- "Well I thought it was obvious. Him."
S- "Oh."
L- "Do you want me to come back another time?"
S- "No, no I'm just a little distracted at the moment."
L- "By what?? My gorgeous self?"
S- "As if your his little brother."
L- "Actually. I'm older by 2 minutes."
S- "Wait y'all are twins? You look nothing alike!"
L- "Fraternal twins."
S- "Oh. Sorry."
L- "It's fine." *laughs*
S- "What are you laughing at?"
L- "You. Your too cute."
Right after he said those words he froze and turned as red as a strawberry. He just stood there with a blank face. Was it strange that I was attracted to him? I mean he looks exactly like Noah but at the same time not. But there is something different about Lance. Lance is funny, strong, nice nothing like Noah who is just the...schools mascot, the biggest jock in town. His pride swallows him whole and his ego is as big as the tallest building in the world. I step closer, he does too. We are standing there 2 inches apart staring into each others eyes. I can see a smile forming at his lips. I have to look up to see him while he has to look down. I feel like I need to, just to see what would happen. I want to, just to see who is the "better choice for me. My phone buzzes but I don't pay any attention to it because I'm blinded by his stare. It buzzes a couple more times. I finally look and see who has the nerve to bother me at this moment. As of someone should actually care what I'm doing. I see the messages and it's Noah and he's freaking out.