C41 - I need you to fight

---

I stand from the chair, each of his words slowly seeping inside me, trying to connect each thread like completing a spider web in my mind.

Everything makes sense now.

My lack of memories.

My unusual hair and eye color.

My searing demeanor.

All coming from that one accident which almost has me dying.

I'm not just traumatized...

My life is completely a lie, too.

It wasn't​ fair that they had practically stolen my childhood, but I know that he only did it to protect me, like what he said.

Looking through the window, the snow is quietly falling, listening to us. Winter has come.

"But how do I remember everything?" I ask him as I face him again. "I wanna know everything."

He exhales, white smoke coming out of his mouth because of the growing cold inside.

I try to hide my goosebumps but I only end up shivering more.

"I don't know for now. But they will eventually come back to you, someday, that is," he says and stands on his feet, facing the window. "Ah, my​ favorite season."

I snort and make a ball of fire in my hand, warming myself. "Yeah."

While we're​ occupied just staring at the view outside through the window, something just suddenly moves on my arm and uncle is excusing himself, saying he has a call to answer.

I glance at the vibrating watch on my wrist, my eyes narrowing at the black clingy thing.

"Shit," I mutter, realizing I forgot to destroy it yet as I did with my choker.

(I hope the Institute doesn't use this to track me.)

But the watch vibrates even more, signalling a notification, or a call, as always.

Who would dare call me at this time of night? And in this situation?

This better be not one of Jungkook's prank calls because if it is then I'll fly back to the Institute and burn all his clothes.

I kill the fire in my hand and push the answer button and there is a grumbling sound from the other side, like a clashing of swords, and explosions.

And there is a sigh, a gunshot is ringing in the background.

What is happening?

But I jolt in surprise as someone starts to speak.

"Good evening, students. This is Dr. Xiumin Kim."

He takes a sharp breath. "At this hour, the Institute might be attacked by the people's government. They want us killed, they want us gone. They think we're a flaw in this world... just because we're different, and think differently. So we, the directors, are currently not there with you. But we're below, fighting them, protecting you. This bad blood has been going on for years; their disgust for us, and our fear for rejection. But together with REVOLT, we fight them and their crooked convictions. To protect you."

So the rumors are true.

Uncle and the others are really rebels; they are REVOLT.

But why would the government do that to us?

We're just... we're just humans like them! Some of us are even just kids.

What a fucking cruel world.