Chapter 3

"You failed X." Slade said coldly while pacing around in disappointment. "I told you to kill the Titans not play with them."

"I... we were but your daughter was hurt." Red X stuttered. Usually he was confident, but Slade unnerved him, no one could do that to him. He wished Slade would yell at him, at least then he would be able to feel more in control, but his cool and collected voice didn't let any emotion slip and the mask hid any expression he could be showing.

"Fail me again and you will meet the same fate as the one's who came before you!"

"I won't fail again don't worry."

Red X left before Slade could change his mind about showing mercy. He knew that Slade didn't give empty threats; if he failed again Slade would kill him. X didn't know where he was walking to but when he looked up he saw he was in the small medical room where he'd left Tempest, her bed was empty and there were smears of blood on the gauze. Not having anything else to do X went looking for her, he heard something in the training room and went in there.

Tempest looked up when she saw him walk in, she watched him carefully to see if Slade was mad enough to attack him but he seemed to be fine, or alive at least, she didn't know how fine someone could be after getting slammed into a wall by a truck. Another robot ran at her and she snapped out of her thoughts, she pressed a button on her bracelet and two blades in the shape of Xs appeared in her hand and she drove them though its head. The blades disappeared and she walked over to him.

"So how mad is he?" Tempest asked.

"I can't tell, but he did threaten to murder me." Red X laughed.

"That means very mad... best to avoid him for now."

"He wouldn't hurt you, you're his daughter!" He said, shocked that she would hint at Slade hurting her.

"That doesn't matter to him. He doesn't talk about it because he probably doesn't think I know what happened... he killed my mom." There was a stretch of silence before she continued. "He didn't know I was awake the whole time, I was pretending to sleep."

"He is heartless... why did you stay? Most people I know would run away by now."

"I grew up learning that to run away is to be weak, besides, once he takes over I become second in command. Then I can just kill him and the world is mine."

"Ambitious aren't you. The thing I'm most concerned about is getting Xynothium and annoying Robin." He tried lightening the mood; she shrugged though and walked over to her suit.

"Slade's not that bad. He can just get impatient, he's been waiting to do this for years."

He didn't respond but decided to just trust in what she said about Slade, after all she grew up with him as a father and he was just hired yesterday. X watched as she brushed a hand through her shoulder length brown hair before putting the mask back on, Tempest put the rest of her suit on over her t-shirt and pants before turning to look back at him. Snapping out of it he looked away, hoping she didn't notice he was staring at her, and then cursed himself mentally for it. She was his partner in crime and would never like him, besides he had already given his life to crime he didn't have time for this.

"Come on we're attacking their tower." Red X said curtly before leaving the room.

Tempest gave him a weird look, confused by his sudden change in attitude but followed him anyway. The faster they killed the Teen Titans the faster she could take over, well that and go watch a movie. She might be evil but she was still eighteen and wanted to have some free time.

Slade watched as they teleported, still fuming over their earlier failure. Lucky for them they were the only one's good enough to help him, all the other villain scum he'd interviewed secretly were too stupid or weak. If Robin or Terra had stayed as his apprentice, he would've killed their friends by now, then he wouldn't have had to promise X that he'd get more Xynothium. Of course that was an empty promise, once his plan was complete he would take over the rest of the world, then, once the world was under his rule he could kill Red X and Tempest. He knew she planned to kill him and let her think he didn't realize it, when she tried to kill him; he'd kill her.