Prologue

"Where'd that little piece of shit go?"

My breath hitched. The wall. I was trapped--contained. It was a dead end. One that would soon leave me lying lifeless on the floor as well, in a pool of my own crimson cold blood, a gaping hole infested within my skin, flesh and skull. I could picture it so perfectly, it felt like I was living that appalling figment as a reality.

"Hey! Dean! Bitch went this way!"

The rusty voice cackled in my ears, deafening me and pulling my head into an abyss of complete darkness. I couldn't escape the wonders of what they'd do to me from seeping into my mind. What would I see as my last sight? What would I say as my final words? Where would I stand in the sight of God? Would I leave for heaven? Or be sentenced to hell?

"Ya Allah..." I repeated over and over, cramming myself in the corner, pushing my back so deeply against the wall that I could feel the ragged edges squishing through my skin. I was sweating bullets, and I know, it probably wasn't such a great idea using the word 'bullet' when there was a chance that six rounds might end up scattered all over my body.

The scraping and pattering of footsteps made little contrast against the thumping of my heart--they were practically harbouring the same distorted rhythm. My hairs were on edge and goosebumps had invaded my arms all the way up to the nape of my neck. My hijab was soaked wet from all the perspiration that had and still was gathering around my face.

"Neal, just so y'know, I'm goin' get my share first. It's been awhile I've got them goods delivered to my package." The riveting guffaws of the two men struggled against my wishes of holding my food down. Every vile thing that sputtered out their mouths had made my fear rise to new heights. I was afraid of the altitude of my own fear, if that made any sense. It was so consuming that it was getting to my head, messing with me. I was on the verge of bursting out in hysterical laughter over what they were saying with their ridiculous words.

Who the hell was I kidding? Nothing right now was making sense. The only sense I could make of this situation was that I was about to die. In an alleyway, behind some old abandoned buildings, all because of one stupid imbecile. I was going to die because of him! I was in this mess because of him! I wish I never knew him! Never seen him! I loathed him.

"Over here!" The sudden shout jolted me off the wall as if I'd been electrocuted. They were growing closer, and at a pace that I was dreadful of meeting. It was only a matter of time before they rounded the corner, took sight of me and either shot me in cold blood or raped me then killed me. Every scenario seemed scarring.
A light flickered from behind the corner and my breath ran shallow. I tried to make myself as invisible as possible, but it was no use. There was no dumpster--no boxes or crates I could hide behind. I was a straight sight. I crouched down to the ground and hugged my knees, peeking from under my thick lashes.

An arm extended from the corner of the alleyway, the hand griping a flashlight. A plump mans silhouette appeared in my vision with his flashlight following his every move. A small whimper left through my quivering lips and his neck snapped in my direction at a lightening speed. He chuckled maliciously, taking slow steps in my direction.

"Neil! I think I found 'er! You're gettin' yourself somethin' unforgettable this fine night," the fatty creeped more closer and a second, more buff silhouette of a man started after the one ahead.

"Dean, you best be right 'bout that 'cause I've already got myself turned up," the buffer man was only an inch or two away from the other fatter man. They're words are a bit slurred, and some of what they said made no sense to me. It must've made sense to them, because I could just imagine the cynical smile he held as he grumbled, "Ain't never seen an ass like that try'na run away from me b'fore."