10. Saved By The Boss

Hey guys! Important authors note at the end of chapter. Make sure to read!!

• • •

He took a few steps towards me until he was right beside the passenger side of the car, and grabbed onto the handle, still grinning. He leaned in a little to me. "Did your name not pop into mind?"

"W-what?" I froze, taken aback. Did I hear that right?

"Nothing. Come on. We're getting late," his grin morphed into a smirk before he slid into the car.

"Uh okay, um, wait, but—I'm driving?" I stumbled on my words, feeling my face heat up again. I really hope I didn't hear that right.
He gestured to get in from inside. I waddled around the back of the car, almost tripping on myself. "Get it together—come on," I mumbled to myself, slapping the side of my face twice, then realized that that might've just made them a little more red and definitely noticeable. I peeled the door open and sat down in the drivers seat, staring at the luxurious black and grey interior. I scrunched my eyebrows. Wait a minute. I turned to Mr. James, finding him type something onto his phone. "Didn't you say you were bringing my car with you?"

"Hm?" He lifted his gaze from his phone screen. "Oh yeah. I completely forgot to tell you. Your car got totalled."

"What?" My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. "It got totalled? What do you mean? I thought you said you knew some guys that could get it fixed."

"I did—I do. They took your car to the dealer that I know personally. There was a phone call this morning, beckoning me over, so I went. And he told me that the repair would exceed the actual cost of your vehicle. Apparently there were many prior damages to your car. It hadn't gone through maintenance for awhile, so it was finished."

"I don't have a car," I stated in disbelief. Great. Another problem. My grip instinctively constricted the leather steering wheel, a little perspiration sticking to the palms of my hands. I tightened my hold even more to stiffen my arms and rid them of the small trembles that were soon to escalate to their peak. The air pushed through and from my lungs just barley, rendering me in a dizzy haze. I felt like throwing up. My ears started to cloud the sounds—it was growing muffled by the second. I knew this feeling. I knew what was going on.

"Well there's more to it actually..." Mr. James continued on, but his sentence faltered to a stop as he noticed my current state. He dropped his phone into his lap immediately and leaned over, grabbing onto my arm. "Isha what's wrong?"

I deliberately moved my head to give myself a better view of him, even though my vision was partly blurred with tears. I wasn't crying though. I just couldn't breath. My back pressed more firmly against the seat in the slightest effort to somehow fixate some more air into my windpipe, but it resulted in little success. I still couldn't breath. "I...c...an't...br...eath..."

"What?" He questioned in a steady voice, his expression laced with concern. I vaguely made out his actions as he bent over me to reach my side of the car door and slid all the windows down. The gush of chilly wind seeped inside, hitting my cheeks. It didn't help though, if only, my chest contracted painfully and I cringed, arching more in my seat. 'It's almost over Isha...just a few more minutes...it'll end...' I chanted in my head, trying to get myself through the torture. "I don't understand. You were fine just a—" I peered at Mr. James, still wheezing. His face fell a little, like ones did when a certain realization hit them. Not a moment later, he clasped onto one of my hands and began rubbing my upper arm—similar to how Kev had. "You're having a panic attack."

I nodded my head best I could, wincing as yet another wave of pain seared through. "No...it's...an...an...anxiety...at...tack..." I corrected through small increments of breathing.