Chapter 4: Oh Mr. Gong!

CHAPTER 4: Oh Mr. Gong!

“Why are we trying to go down different roads…”

It’s a holiday. Chun Gyeol will stay all day long in the house for she has no classes today. But Youngbae’s in the shower room, getting ready to go to YG building as usual.

Chun Gyeol went out of the apartment and saw Mr. Gong delivering milk at the next door.

Chun Gyeol: “Mr. Gong? Is that you?”

Mr. Gong: “Ms. Kho?”

Chun Gyeol: “Mr. Gong! You’re… delivering milk?”

Mr. Gong: “Ah. My part time job. You know… to earn more.”

Chun Gyeol: “Aah. That’s good.” (She checks her pocket to buy milk but she has no money.)

Mr. Gong: (gives her a milk) “Here. For you.”

Chun Gyeol: “Thank you.”

Youngbae walked out from the apartment.

Youngbae: “I’m going.”

Chun Gyeol: (lends her hand) “Give me money.” (he looked at her as if asking ‘what’) “Money to pay for this milk.”

Youngbae got money from his wallet and gave some to Chun Gyeol.

Chun Gyeol: (gives it to Mr. Gong) “Here. Payment for this milk.”

Mr. Gong: (hesitant to take it) “Ms. Kho, you don’t have to pay for it. It’s a gift. From me to you. But who is he? Your brother?”

Youngbae smirked.

Chun Gyeol: “Mr. Gong, this is Youngbae, my… husband. Youngbae, this is Mr. Gong, a co-teacher from the middle school.”

Youngbae: “Nice to meet you, Mr. Gong. But I’ll have to leave.” (turns to Chun Gyeol) “I’m going.”

Chun Gyeol: “Ka…”

When Youngbae left,

Mr. Gong: “You’re… married?”

Chun Gyeol: “Ye. But I use Kho in school.”

Mr. Gong: “I have to go.” (sadly walks away)

Chun Gyeol: “Take care, Mr. Gong.”

When classes returned, Mr. Gong immediately went to the office to see Mrs. Principal, to tell what he found out.

Mrs. Lee: “Mr. Gong, the board knows that Ms. Kho is married.”

Mr. Gong: “But why is she using her maiden name?”

Mrs. Lee: “’Cause that’s what she requested when the school hired her.”

Mr. Gong: “Aren’t you curious why?”

Mrs. Lee: “That is simple, Mr. Gong. Have you seen her husband?” (he nodded) “Isn’t he familiar?”

Mr. Gong: “He is. I think I always see his face every where.”

Mrs. Lee: “Who does he look like?”

Mr. Gong: “That guy from a boy band. What’s his name again?”

Mrs. Lee: “Taeyang.”

Mr. Gong: “Ah, yes, Taeyang. He looked like Taeyang.”

Mrs. Lee: “Coz he is Taeyang. Ms. Kho is married to an idol. To protect her from obsessed fan girls, she decided to use her maiden name.”

Mr. Gong: “But,”