Chapter 1

Me: Okay, don't laugh, but the first few chapters, are a bit.. well...how do I put it... lame. I really wasn't all that good when I first started, but trust me, it gets better (have already written the first 19 chapters, working on chapter 20)!

Chapter 1:

A Chance Encounter

It was a cold winter’s day when I was walking past the park. I saw a young man about my age sitting on a bench all bundled up and sipping a warm drink. I decided to walk over to him.

“Aren’t you cold?” I asked.

“No, not at all.” He said smiling warmly while drinking.

I smile back and shiver. "May I sit with you?"

“Okay. You seem like your freezing.” He says as he pours me a drink.

I sit down next to him. "Thank you. I am." I shiver again.

All these thoughts were running through my head, telling me that I should leave, but I didn’t know why so I just ignored them.

He hands me the drink.

I hold the warm cup in my hands. "Thank you very much kind sir."

“It's fine.” He says as he smiles and sips his own drink.

I slowly sip the warm drink “mmh” I exclaim.  “It is very good and warm."

“I’m glad you like it.”

"Mhm."

He takes a sip of his own.

I lean back on the bench but quickly jolt forward, spilling both of our drinks onto our laps and the ground. "Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry!"

I stand up and try to clean it up.

"I wasn't expecting the bench to be so cold" I slightly laugh but then start cleaning up the mess again.

“Ha-ha! It's fine, now we both got warm.” He says smiling warmly.

I take out a few napkins from my jacket pocket and to try to clean off his leg. "I'm really, truly, sorry for spilling our drinks."

“It’s fine.” He looks down at me smiling assuredly.

I take a look at my watch and gasps. All the thoughts that were running through my head finally made since! "I'm going to be late!" I handed him a few napkins. "Here, you need to clean up" Then I got up and ran off.

He looks at me in confusion. As I run, I slip on the ice but then quickly got back up and ran off again. He’s probably looking at me hoping that I’m okay or something. A school bus drives pass me and I start running after it. When the bus finally stops, I get on, and then it drives away.

The man walks slowly out of the park and watches, holding my number on a piece of paper.

When I go to reach into my pocket I realize that I handed that man the paper with my new cell phone number on it!