Chapter 9: The Definition of Irresponsible

Line

Warnings: Major character death, OCs, OOC, GAYS, swearing, assassins, crack

Disclaimer: I know you may think otherwise but I don't actually have any rights to PJO, HP or Marvel

≈Ωne Fandom Is Not Enough≈

Line

Previously-

"Technology and magic. My past and my present." Harry closed his eyes disbelievingly as he was still trying to take it all in. "I never even tried to comprehend what would happen if the two mixed." He opened them and stared at Percy with his sparkling emerald eyes. "And yet here we are."

Percy felt a smile tug on his lips as he looked at Harry's smiling face. "And yet here we are." He agreed as a huge grin overtook the twitching of his lips. "Now let's see where the future will take us."

Percy Jackson-

The quinjet jerked, Percy gripped the overhead handle. His stomach lurched and his jaw clenched instinctively; despite decades having passed since he was made into a God and allowed into Zeus' territory, he still really hated travelling in the air.

Especially in the weather as it was now.

The room lit up as a bright flash of lightning came suspiciously close.

Thankfully now that it was known that he could teleport, he rarely had to travel in such a fashion.

Alas when he was visiting top secret bases that he had never been to before, he had no choice.

A little thing that was keeping him going was Fury's hint earlier that Harry would be at the base.

However, he knew that Harry had recently had to go up to Michigan for some reason and Percy was fairly sure that he had started the helicopter ride somewhere in Mississippi, so he wasn't too sure whether Fury was just making some crap up to get Percy to stop whining.

But it wasn't impossible; with Harry's magic, anything seemed possible.

Since the mission to England after retrieving the currently-still-in-an-ice-induced-coma Captain America, Harry and Percy had been on several missions together as Basilisk and Kraken. Not many, and mostly internal. They hadn't felt the need to leave the US just yet - they still had to train together and understand each other's fighting styles.

As they discovered, both of their fighting styles were very unpredictable. Percy's had developed out of necessity; his wild ducking and dodging learned through experience. He had immediately left sword fighting behind when he left the mythological Olympic world and now favoured guns, fortunately it was not distressing to work with Harry as his katanas bore no resemblance to the heavy broadswords that the Greeks had used. Thus, he had no painful memories of any dual blade wielders.

Harry's style with his two swords had developed through a route of self discovery in Japan, that whilst flashy and impressive, only really worked in close quarters. Thus he combined it with magic to work long range.

Harry had no delusions on his ability in magic, so it had taken years of practice of fine control to achieve anything like he had now. It had helped that the swordmaster that had made him his student had been open to magic as his wife was magical.

His master used to take every opportunity to lecture him on the fact that many of his traditionalist friends would not even consider minor alterations to stances or movements, let alone incorporate a complete new attack system - he should consider himself fortunate (he really did). Especially given that magical duelling included approximately no actual fighting technique.