Newt Scamander x magical beast!reader

You sat in a tree in Central Park playing with the feathers on your large wings. You suddenly saw a man running after what looked like a nifler. He was yelling and cursing at it making you laugh. You didn't think he noticed you muggles never did seem to see you as if you were invisible to them. You were wrong he stopped and looked at you in amazement. "Merlins beard aren't you a beauty." He said "You must be one of the last of your kind. I've never actually seen anything like you. What's your name?"
You blushed as he complimented your wings and called you beautiful. "(Y/n) my name. My name is (y/n)." You said in a flustered panic.
After that day you moved around with Newt as you learned that was his name. You two became the best of friends and he took you everywhere.
You sat in the cases shack with a sketch book. You blushed as you thought of Newt. You had developed a small crush on him but you doubt be returned the feeling. I mean why would he like you you're not even human. You suddenly grew self conscious about your wings. You touched your wings frowning at them. You hadn't noticed, but Newt was watching you the whole time from outside the shack. Over the next couple of weeks you looked at potion books that would help you hide your wings.
You sat in the moon calf enclosure crying at your failed attempt to make a potion. Newt came up behind you and snatched up the potion book looking at the page.
"Why are you trying to make this?" He said softly. You shrugged.
"I wanna be like everybody else. Then maybe you'd-" you stopped your self before you accidentally confessed to him.
He looked at you curiously "maybe I'd what (y/n)?"
You snapped at him causing him to flinch. "I just want to be like everybody else ok!" Tears started to burn your eyes threatening to leave your eyes.
"Why would you want to be like everybody else. That's the most boring thing you can be." He stated bluntly. He wrapped his arms around you in an awkward type of hug. He stroked your wings softly as you mumbled your next words.
"Because I like you you idiot."
"You what?" You took a deep breath getting ready for rejection.
"I said because I like you idiot."
" I like you too." He said before kissing on the cheek. "I really like your wings to be honest. They're pretty."