|Chip Troubles|

_

_

Isaac ran a hand through his hair as he made his way to the vending machine on the floor of his apartment, smoothing out a dollar bill on his thigh before feeding it to the machine. He had just managed to get an apartment that was at least somewhat decent, but unfortunately in order to make rent, he had been living off junk food for the past week until he got paid. Not the healthiest, but hey, it's food.

He scanned the machine for what he wanted before sticking his dollar in and hitting the button. He watched the machine move and push the chips out, only to watch them get stuck on one of the hooks below it. He groaned. "You've got to be kidding me, come on." He said, smacking the machine.

He sighed, getting to his knees and sticking his hand into the machine, reaching up to try and grab his bag of chips. He fiddled around for a minute until his fingers wrapped around the plastic bag. He laughed in victory and attempted to pull his arm out, grunting when he tried to pull it out and it wouldn't budge.

"Oh, great." He muttered, holding onto the machine with his other hand as he tried to pull his arm out. "No, no, come on," He whined, yanking harder. He yelped slightly at the sudden pain and sagged back against the machine, huffing out a sigh.

"Uh, do you need some help?"

The blonde looked up when he saw a girl standing above him, clearly trying to hold in her laughter. He chuckled sheepishly, blushing hard at the fact that he was caught in such an awkward position. "A little."

The girl laughed softly, shaking her head and falling to her own knees so she could take a look. "Oh, I see. Your sweater got caught." She said, moving her fingers around the loose thread of his knit sweater to free him. "There you go."

"Thanks," Isaac said, pulling his arm out finally and rubbing it slightly. "How did you know to do that?"

"Eh, my best friend has been in that situation more than once, so I'm kind of used to it by now." The girl shrugged.

"Ah." Isaac answered. "Well, thanks."

"Sure. I'm Y/N." She said, holding her hand out.

"Isaac." He smiled, giving her hand a shake.

"Did you just move in?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"I haven't really seen you around here before. That and the fact that you were using the broken vending machine..." Y/N said, raising her eyebrows.

Isaac raised his own eyebrows and his face reddened again. "It's broken. Of course it's broken."

Y/N giggled softly. "It's okay. There was an 'Out of Order' sign on it but some stupid guys who live on this floor took it down to mess with people."

"Well, looks like it worked." Isaac said sheepishly.

Y/N smiled, shaking her head. "At least you didn't tip it over trying to get your snack out. I swear, some people will do anything for a bag of Doritos." She chuckled.

Isaac laughed. "Someone actually did that?"

"Multiple people did that."

"Wow."

"Welcome to the building." Y/N grinned playfully.

Isaac snorted. "Gee, thanks."

Y/N smiled, raking a hand through her hair. "Hey, uh, would you maybe want to come over for dinner? I mean, I'm not exactly a high class chef, but it's got to be better than salt and vinegar chips."

Isaac looked up at her, almost surprised. Was she really inviting him, someone she just met like 5 minutes ago, to her apartment for dinner? "Wait, really?"

"Yeah, why not? I mean, we are neighbors after all. It'll be nice to get to know each other a little bit." Y/N shrugged, shoving her hands into her pockets.

Isaac felt a smile twitching at the corners of his lips. "Yeah. Yeah, that sounds great." He said brightly.

"Great. Come on," Y/N smiled, taking his hand in hers so she could lead him back to her apartment.

Isaac felt his cheeks heat up once more, but this time, he didn't mind. He smiled, and laced his fingers through hers. "Lead the way."

A/N- I saw this prompt online and kind of needed it, so here it is xD Hope you enjoyed!! PLEASE SEND ME REQUESTS!! I honestly love getting them and writing them, it's so much fun. Love you guys!! ~Hayden <3