3. "Realistic"

"is sasusaku realistic?"

It's not.

But let me explain first, before anyone argues. It's always debatable, but I've been itching to write this analyzation.

Firstly, for the love of kami, we shouldn't compare Naruto to any realistic standards. It wouldn't work; I'm sorry, but it really wouldn't. This is one of the antiSasuSaku's problems — they keep comparing SasuSaku to a possible realistic standard. *cough* ABUSIVE *cough*

SasuSaku is a fictional ship; it probably won't make sense to the real world, realistic speaking. Would you forgive the man who left the village to become rogue (would mostly get scared of the man), be consumed by hatred, kill someone, almost kill you, try to kill your teammate, say he wants to be the hokage (or leader), and then looks at you and apologize?

It sounds unrealistic.

BUT IT MAKES SENSE IN THE NARUTO WORLD.

Why?

The show itself promotes the idea of going to some extreme lengths for forgiveness, understanding, the strength of the bonds, friendship, relationship (romantical and platonic).
The shinobi world and our world is different. Very, very different. They think differently than us.

Trying wearing someone's shoes.

Would you forgive Obito, the man who caused your parents to be dead? I bet you wouldn't even say he's cool.

Would you let Kabuto be the head of the orphanage, even if he was a known notorious war criminal?

I'll say no, because I'm not that forgiving. Let's face it -- most of us wouldn't forgive criminals.

But it makes sense in Kishi's world. SasuSaku made sense.