Chapter 15

Forde's pov.

I woke up in my office, naabutan ako ng antok dito last night so I decided to stay here. I went to my condo unit near the airline. I took a shower and I ready myself for my meet up with Mr. Roxas.

I arrived at the said cafe at exact 8 am. I ordered black coffee while waiting for Mr.Roxas. After a few minutes he arrived.

"Sorry for my tardyness." His apoligizing while grabbing a long brown envelop from his bag.

"Proceed" I felt nervousness inside me.

"Sir, we've found out who it was and this folder contains everything that you wanted to know" he explained.

"Good job. Here, take this." I gave him an envelop and inside this is the cash.

"Thank you sir. Untill next time" he left the cafe. I was still staring at the brown envelop he gave me. I don't wanted to read it yet.

I went back to my condo. Ayoko na munang umuwi sa kanya, baka mabwisit lang ako sa mukha niya. Nilagay ko ang brown enevelop sa coffee table. Naglalaman ito ng files nung binuksan ko.

I started to read every single word. Para akong sinasaksak patalikod ng bawat page na binabasa ko, rumaragasang luha ang tanging lumabas sa akin. Fuck! I can't explain the sensation that I felt. I wanna cry! I wanna kill myself for doing this to her! The file contains who was the guy she was with at that night.

It says here that ROY CLIFFORD MENDEZ surrender and states that he was the one who texted me the day when I saw my wife naked at a motel room and he was the one who sent the pictures of her sleeping with another guy. The thing that really shocked me is that YVES BARTOLOME was the mastermind of this bullshit. He also states that he was the one who raped kaethe. Roy Mendez was forced by Yves to do what he wanted to.

I can't believe of what he did. Tinuring ko si Yves bilang sarili kong kapatid pero ito ang isinukli niya sakin. I immediately called my lawyer. Hinding hindi ko mapapatawad ang sarili ko sa mga nagawa ko sa babaeng ang tanging ginawa sakin ay mahalin ako, it feels like a bullet we're shot straight into my head. I just kept on crying like an idiot.

"T*ngina! All this time I was the one who acted like a child. i was the one who commited an affair. I hurt her a lot but she doesnt deserves it! I regreted all of I did. What have I done. I ruined our life, I wish I had listen to her in the first place!" No words can explain how I feel right now, and then I realized that she was all alone in the house. I rushed myself to my car even though my face is a mess and people are seeing me while my tears continued to run down I don't care what may people think of me. I wanted to say sorry to her, I damn missed her a lot and I hope that this won't be the end for us.

Tears are blocking my sight so it is hard for me to drive. When I arrived I went straight to the spot where I left her.

Nasaan siya?! Tanging dugo lamang ang naiwan sa kwarto. Nag-ring and telepono ko at agad kong sinagot.

(Unknown number calling...)

"Hoy p*tang ina mong lalaki ka!? Nasaan ka?! Gago ka talaga! Dapat talaga iniwan ka na ni Kaethe! Sinira mo buhay niya! Hayop ka!" Malakas na sigaw ang sumambulat sa tawag.

"Where is she?! Please tell me!" I don't care who it was I just need to know where my wife is.

"Nandito kami sa (name of the hospital) at nag aagaw buhay ang bestfriend ko gago ka! How dare you did this to h-" I cut the call and I hurried myself to the hospital she said.

"I'm sorry kaethe, I-im sorry" as I said between my sobs while driving.

***

Mabilis akong nakarating sa hospital dahil halos paliparin ko ang papatakbo sa sasakyan. dali dali kong pinark ang sasakyan ko.

"Miss. Where's Kaethe Mantello Ace?" I asked the nurse in the information area.

"Sir nasa ER pa po" she said.

"Thanks" tinakbo ko na ang ER at doon naabutan ko si Gem na nasa waiting area at luhaan.

PAKKK!!! Isang malakas na sampal ang natamo ko mula sa kaniya.

"Fuck you! You promised me Forde that you would never hurt her! Pero ano 'to?!" She said while crying.

"I'm sorry." Para akong pinagsakluban ng langit at lupa. I deserve this. I can't help crying. Bumalik siya sa kinauupuan niya bakas sa mga mukha nito ang pinipigilang galit na nadarama.

Napaupo nalang ako sa may tabi ng pinto ng ER. Nagdadasal ako na sana hindi mawala ang asawa ko sa akin.

To be continued....