A Little Research Goes a Long Way

As we arrived at the crime scene, there wasnt many people there. They had taken the body and half of the investigators had already left.
'Agent Manta, this is my partner Agent Green. FBI.' I said holding my badge up in time with Dax.
The officer lifted up the yellow police tape and we both ducked under.
'That was so FREAKING cool!' Dax whispered with a huge smile.
'Okay, calm it. We got a case to work and we gotta look professional.'
'Right, right of course' He said as he slid his badge into his blazer pocket and moved towards where the body had been.
The alley was dark. Completely shaded from the sun. Everything looked normal, beside from the massive bloody patch right in the middle of the alley.
'Okay, so it looks like Ms Harland was struck here. But the body was found in the dumpster by the owner of the shop next door.' I said whilst inspecting the scene.
'Yes. It seems as though the assailants killed her here then disposed of her body in there' said another officer who had been listening.
I walked over to Dax who was looking in the dumpster.
'Find anything?' I asked.
'Uh, seems like the vamps werent very careful. Looks like a rookie job to me. They made a mess and didnt clean it up, they even put the body in such a cliche place.'
'I agree. I think we are looking for some newbie vamps' i said as i began walking out of the alley.
'Where are we going?' Dax asked as he caught up with me.
'I figured we could use some food whilst doing our research?' I said as i winked at him.
'Oh thank god! Im starving!' He sighed with relief.
We found a little cafe on the corner and got a table. I'll grab us some coffee and a cake each. Be right back' He said as he walked towards the counter.
I nodded and smiled at him as he walked off then opened my laptop and began doing some research. I started with news storys. I found several killings of the same MO. All victims were in their late 20's, drained of blood. Only difference was that there was a LOT less mess at these scenes.
'Hey! One Americano with a slice of chocolate cake, just for you! Said Dax as he put my stuff on the table.
'Why thankyou' i said, picking up my drink and taking a sip.
'So, what did you find?'
'Well, turns out that there have been several victims all in their late 20's, same MO. But the other crime scenes where much cleaner.' I started.
'Okay, so what does that mean?' He asked.
'It means that we may be dealing with a newbie crowd but this crowd is stemming from a much older and experienced nest of vamps. My guess is that they have recently recruited a new group to their nest and they had to feed, meaning that this kill was rushed. This makes our job a lot harder.'
'Urm, and hows that?' Dax asked, slightly confused.
'Security cameras' i said.
'And how are we gonna get the footage? The cops wouldve already taken it.'
'Exactly! If this kill was rushed, the newbies wouldnt have taken the precautions that the others would have. It is likely that the cops are going to get facial recognition for at least one of them, find them and all get killed. The cops dont know what we do, there is going to be a massive nest of vamps that the cops cant fight. We are basically sending them a feast if we let the cops go!' I exclaimed, my mind picturing all the death that would follow if the cops got there before us.
'Okay, so how do we get there first?' Dax asked, taking a gulp of coffee then placing his cup back on the table.
'Well, lucky for you my brother Sam is good with computers. He taught me how to hack into countless different things. I reckon i could work my way into a couple cameras' I said as i winked at him and grabbed my laptop.
'I'll let you handle this then' he said grabbing his cake.
'Im in' I said flicking through the cameras to find the best angle.
Dax turned to look at my computer screen with wide eyes.
'Already! I didnt even manage to take one bite of my cake!' He said sliding a bit closer to me on the couch to get a better look.
I giggled.
'Look, here they are. Looks like she was just walking home, when they come out of the door and jumped her.' I said whilst watching.
'This is awful. The poor woman.' Dax said as he took a bite of his cake.
'Yeah, you seem really sad' i said as i watched him scoff down a bit of his cake and smiled.
I looked back at the tape. They placed the body in the dumpster just as someone else came out of the door. They signaled the group to go back inside and they all followed. The door shut.
'Looks like thats it' Dax said placing his empty plate onto the table and moving back to where he was originally sat on the sofa.
'Wait' i said, thinking about what i had just saw.
'The door that they came out of. Thats the abandoned nightclub, right?' I asked.
'Yeah, why? You got something?'
'I think so. If the vamps came out of the abandoned nightclub, maybe their nest is in there?' I said with a sense of accomplishment.
'Come on! Do you really think that they would still be there considering that there are cops right outside?' Dax said as if i was stupid for suggesting it.
'Maybe not. But its worth a look. The cops would go and we need to check just incase.'
'Fine, lets go.' He said as he began to stand up.
I grabbed my laptop and joined him.