Chapter 1

Colby's P.O.V

We were on our way to the place that I will soon be calling home, and let me tell you, I am dreading every second of it.

Before I continue let me tell you about my life.

My name is Colby Lee Adams. I am 16 years old. I am in 11th grade AP classes. I am very simple person. I don't have any friends but I like it better that way. I play sports like, Volleyball, Softball, and Track. I can defend myself pretty well, if I do say so myself.

Self defense classes have served me well in my life.

I have a little sister named S.J in the 9th grade. She is 14 years old. We butt heads a lot, but we love each other to the moon and back. She plays Softball.

My mom is a nurse at the hospital. She is 34 years old. We don't really ever see eye to eye, but we love each other.

That's pretty much it. Now let me catch you up.

My mom met a man named Randal Walker, at the hospital when one of his cop buddies was shot in a shooting. My mom was taking care of Randal, while another nurse took care of his friend.

As she healed him back to health, she also healed him into loving her. They eventually got married a year afterwards.

Did I mention that he had kids of his own. Not just two or three, but FIVE! Oh, and it gets better. There all boys. Great.

He must of gone to work, if you know what I mean.

Now that you're caught up, let's go back to the present.

We had to get a new house so both family's could stay in together, without squeezing into. I for one didn't want to leave the house I was raised in.

My mom and I even got into an argument about it.

It ended in me walking out of the house, and not returning until 3 o' clock at night. I didn't apologize and neither did she, but that's okay. Cause I know in my heart I was wrong and that's all that matters.

We pulled in the new driveway before the boys.

Once mom parked her car, I immediately got out of the car.

As I started stretching my legs, from being cramped in a car for about an hour, six cars pulled into the driveway.

"Hey mom I'll be right back, I have to get something. Just give me the room with the balcony." I said running off without asking for permission.

Looked up the rooms before we got here.

I could here the yelling of my name to come back, but I didn't.

*** 8 o' clock at night***

As I walked back towards the house, I didn't even attempt to knock on the door. I simply walked to the back of the house, and climbed all the way up to the balcony.

I tried to open it but it was locked.

Figures.

I pulled out a hair pin, jiggled it in the lock and it opened.

I walked in my room and saw my bags on the floor.

I'll unpack later.

I decided to go ahead and decorate my room, which may I tell you is so awesome!

My room has a ladder that leads to a bed, and one downstairs.

It then has a work place and a TV.

I have my own personal bathroom, and a walk in closet.

I have the best room if I do say so myself.

I decided to just stay in my room the rest of the night. I wasn't hungry, and even if I was I have a whole stash in one of my bags.

I walked onto the balcony, making sure to leave the door open, and just looked at the view.

I noticed a chair on the balcony, but decided against it just in case my sister tries to lock me out.

I say down on the floor. Right between the door of the balcony and my room.

***

"By....lby.....Colby. Wake up."

I looked to see who woke me up. It was my mom.

"I must've fallen asleep. What time is it?" I said getting up.

"10........we need to talk." She said sighing and crossing her arms.

"Mom if it's about me leaving, I took a walk. Needed to clear my head." I said sitting in the desk chair.

"Honey that's not acceptable. What you did was rude and unacceptable. I'm letting you off with a warning this time, cause a just moved into a house with both family's."

"Can you leave now?" I said looking her in the eyes.

"Colby Lee Adams, you will respect me in this house!" She said raising her voice a little.

"You said the same thing in the other house." I said getting up.

We were now face to face.

She shook her head, and started smiling.

"What am I doing arguing with a 17 year old? This is a new house, and a new family. Your not about to bring my good mood down." She said walking out of the room.

I sighed.

I'm not going to make it in this house, am I?

***

We didn't have to go to school until next week but if it got me away from them then I'm going.

I woke up at 6:30. Climbed down the ladder, and went into the bathroom.

Took a shower, and got dressed in black jeans, and a plain red shirt.

I brushed out my hair and braided it into to braids, because of how long it was.

Taking my skateboard and bookbag with me I walked out of my room, and made sure to close it quietly.

I wrote a note saying I went to school this morning and headed out the door.

I realised if I kept going the same way  towards my old house then the route to get to school would be the same, just longer.

***6th period***

"Mrs. Taylor's?"

"Yes."

"Will you send Colby Adams to the office, please? She's being checked out."

"Yes mam she's on her way."

I stood up and walked out of the classroom, after saying bye to the teacher.

They are the only ones who I feel like are there for me.

I walked to my locker, getting my bookbag and skateboard, and walked to the office.

This could go bad.