Chapter 4: One O' Clock

Ami didn't know how much longer she was supposed to hide in Taka's bunk bed. She had been smuggled to the other unoccupied top bunk to hide while the others were still asleep. He gave her a hoodie and socks to wear but no pants because they were all too big for her. She has been hiding for hours now but she can't get out even though there weren't anyone in the bus.

Taka told her to stay hidden and she obeyed him. He's the only one she can count on now, and she's not about to make him regret helping her because of her misbehaving.

She peaks at the clock on the opposite bunk and sees that its 1:23 PM. Her stomach growls and she holds on to Taka's promise that he'll be back. But she doesn't know when and her hunger is starting to claw at her insides. The last thing she ate was the curry she threw up and the small bowl of shitake soup that early morning. She suddenly remembers the cookie jar she preyed on, and overthinks all possible scenarios that could happen if she were to go to the fridge and take it.

Her stomach growls again and it's given her resolve to go down and take the cookie jar. She counts to ten first before climbing down from the top bunk. She hurries to the fridge and grabs the cookie jar. She sees a milk carton and contemplates whether she'll take it too. But hunger won again and she grabs the milk.

She's about to head back to the top bunk when the bus door hisses open. She panics and places the jar and milk into the hoodie pockets. She jumps to the top bunk but she can't reach it so she settles for the lowest bunk and crawls in.

The person on the stairs laughs and then the doors close shut. Ami plasters herself to the back of the bunk and sees a pair of sneakers walk by. The person strides to the lounging area and then returns. She watches as the person exits the bus before releasing a long breath.

She clambers out of the bunk and climbs slowly up the top. She draws the curtains closed and takes out the jar and milk from her pocket. She eats all of the cookies and downs the milk in one go. It doesn't quite fill her but the growling in her stomach ceases so she's content with that.

She dozes off after.

---

Ami wasn't aware how long she slept but the finger poking her in the knee shocks her awake. She jumps away from the finger and stares wide eyed at Taka who's peaking at her from below.

"Come on, I got something for you." He says and disappears to the lounging area.

Ami stares at the spot where he stood and pokes her head out of the bunk. She sees Taka changing out of a shirt too big for him, and then put on a sweater and a coat.

"Ami, come on." He says again as he slips on a pair of boots.

She obeys and climbs down the bunk.

Taka watches her go down and the way the hoodie on her rides up to reveal her frilly panties make him stare in delight. A smirk forms on his face but then he remembers himself and berates his naughty side. He doesn't want to scare her away by acting like a pervert so he directs his eyes to the paper bag in his hand.

Ami drops from the bunks and walks over to him slowly. She either didn't notice that the hoodie had ridden up or she had lost all modesty with what she's been through. She seats haphazardly in front of him and Taka is sure that she's not bothered with modesty because he's never seen a woman seat so carelessly before.

Nonetheless, Taka doesn't indulge himself by looking at her inappropriately and hands her the paper bag.

"One of the crew is about your size." He tells her as she takes out the contents of the bag.