Chapter 5: I Don't Want To Hurt You

Taka woke up to the ringing of his phone. Groaning, he fished for it under his pillow where he usually put it before going to sleep. His hands found nothing jolting him awake with the realization that, he didn't put his phone under the pillow last night. He sits up quickly and eyes his surroundings.

He isn't in the bus couch nor his bunk bed.

Turning to the sound of his phone, he finds it under his thigh. He takes the phone and answers the call without looking at the caller ID.

"Who's this?" He says gruffly in Japanese and pulls his feet to the edge of the bed. He looks at his wrist watch and his eyes widen at the 9:34 AM glaring at him in vibrant red.

"Where are you?" The person on the line questions back in furious Japanese.

"Ah, I'm on my way back. Just looking for a taxi." Taka lies as he hears Ryota's voice on the line.

"Where'd you go last night? We didn't even see you leave."

"Some sushi bar. Anyway, I'm coming. See you in a while."

"You better fucking hurry. The last of the equipment is set. Rehearsal's starting." Ryota says anxiously through the phone.

"Yeah, yeah. Bye."

"Bye bye... Okay, why is there a missing string... It's still turned off..." Ryota says distractedly not bothering to end the call.

Taka ends the call and rubs his face with his hands.

"Shit. Fuck. Shit." He curses as he lies back on the bed.

Taka's head lands on something very soft just as a squeak reaches his ears. He peers up to look at the pillow that emitted the sound but is surprised to see the brown eyes staring down curiously at him.

Breast pillow and pretty girl? Yum.

"Kore wa... yume ka?" He asks the woman. (This is... a dream, isn't it?)

"I don't understand, Takahiro-kun." She replies and her voice rings with familiarity in his head.

Takahiro-kun.

"Fuck!" Taka screams and jumps to his feet, truly awake now as he paws at his clothes. "Oh my god. Ami, I'm sorry! We didn't...? You know--?"

He finally realizes that he's fully clothed and so is she, but fully clothed wasn't exactly the right term for her attire.

She's in the red silk nightgown he bought her last night and a quick glance down her waist confirms his suspicions that the matching dark silk panties is also on her form. Taka didn't mean to stare but the inner hentai in him just refuses to steer his gaze away.

"Are you going to work, Takahiro-kun?" Ami asks and Taka is broken from the entrancing spell of the silk panties. He looks down at his wrist watch and nods his head dumbly.

"I thought you were supposed to go last night?" She continues.

"I..." Taka scratches the back of his head, looking back at her. She's standing now and folding the bed covers neatly.

Taka watches her work on the duvet. He couldn't stop staring because the window curtains behind her were drawn open and the early pale orange rays were forming a silhouette around her figure. She was a pretty sight and Taka just couldn't help it when his eyes always dart to her.

"...fell asleep." He laughs lamely and pockets his phone.

"When will you be back?" Ami asks timidly as she finishes with the bed cover.