chapter 5

Atticus smiled as he then gently picked up Riley and flew into the sky with her. Atticus looked around until he found Riley's school as Riley enjoyed the flight very much so far. And he soon landed in front of the school.

"Wow, Riley, this looks like a nice school." Atticus smiled.

"It sure does." Riley smiled back.

The students talked amongst themselves until they looked up into the sky.

"Hey, is that the new kid?" a boy whispered as he held a basketball.

"She knows a superhero?" a girl replied.

"Looks like Uncle Atticus has given us some rep." Joy smiled.

"Of course, part of my plan to help Riley stand out." Disgust smirked smugly.

"Smart." Patch approved.

Atticus smiled as he gently placed Riley down on the ground and the other students looked over to her in shock and excitement.

"Have a good first day of school, Riley." Atticus smiled down to his niece once he set her on the ground gently.

"Thanks." Riley smiled back.

Atticus gave her another hug before going off back to the Anderson house. Riley took a deep breath and ran into the school to begin her new life in a new town in her new school. And where it seemed to now start out great as everyone seemed excited that she knew a superhero.

Riley found the way to the classroom and she sat at the empty desk in the room as the other students talked amongst themselves while she tried to tell herself to be calm and careful.

"Okay, we've got a group of cool girls, 2:00." Disgust noted as Riley looked to a small group of girls talking to each other, appearing to be gossiping.

"How do you know?" Patch asked.

"Double ears pierced," Disgust told him. "Infinity scarf..."

"Ohh." Patch said, now understanding.

"Whoa, is she wearing eye shadow?" Joy asked.

"Yeah, we want to be friends with them." Disgust replied.

"Let's go talk to them!" Joy encouraged.

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Cherry stopped Joy.

"What's wrong?" Joy asked.

"We can't talk to them, we want them to like us!" Cherry replied.

"Oh, yeah... Wait what?" Joy asked out of confusion.

"Creativity is right." Disgust agreed.

"And how are we going to do that without talking to them?" Patch asked.

"It's a girl thing, you wouldn't understand." Disgust rolled her emerald eyes.

"Almost finished with the potential disasters," Fear said as he walked over with a large stack of papers. "Worst case scenario is either quicksand, spontaneous combustion, or getting called on by the teacher. So as long as none of those happen-"

"Wait for it." Patch said.

"Okay, everybody," the teacher walked in. "We have a new student in class today."

"Are you kidding me?!" Fear panicked. "Out of the gate?! This is not happening!"

"Riley, would you like to tell us something about yourself?" the teacher prompted.

Riley soon stood up to tell then about herself.

"Pretend we can't speak English!" Fear panicked.