chapter 9

'How about this, Huh? Isn't this nice?" Bing-Bong smiled as he took Joy, Sadness, and Cherry onto the Train of the Thought to make it back to HeadQuarters. "You can see everything from up here. Look, there's Inductive Reasoning. There's Deja Vu. There's Language Processing. There's Deja Vu. There's Critical Thinking. There's Deja Vu. And look at this, guys, memories!"

"Nice." Cherry said.

"Hey, that was a good idea, scaring Riley awake," Joy had to admit to Sadness. "You're not so bad."

"Really?" Sadness asked.

"Nice work, I can't wait to get the old Riley back," Joy smiled as she held a memory. "As soon as we get there, I'm gonna fix this whole mess."

"You know, Joy, sometimes it's okay to let your sadness out," Cherry said. "If you don't, then nothing is ever resolved."

"Creativity, I think I know what's best for Riley." Joy replied modestly.

"Whoa, is this, Riley?" Bing-Bong took a little at one memory. "She's so big now, she won't fit in my rocket. How are we gonna get to the moon?"

"We'll think of something." Cherry assured him.

Joy then beamed as she watched a memory. "Oh, it's that time in the Twistee Treat, remember? The hockey team showed up and Mom and Dad were there cheering. Look at her, having fun and laughing. I love this one."

"I love that one too." Sadness had to admit.

"That's right," Cherry said. "I remember this memory too."

"Yeah, it was the day the Prairie Dogs lost the big playoff game," Sadness remembered which made the memory sad. "Riley missed the winning shot, she felt awful, she wanted to quit. Sorry, I went sad again, didn't I?"

"I'll tell you what," Joy replied, trying not to wring Sadness's neck out of frustration. "We can keep working on that when we get back, okay?"

"Okay." Sadness replied.

Riley snuck downstairs with Oddball to take Jessica's credit card to find a ride back home to Minnesota.

'This is a bad decision.' Oddball thought to herself.

Riley then snuck the credit card.

"Riley, what about your honesty?" Oddball whimpered.

"I'm sorry, but we have to go back to Minnesota." Riley whispered.

The others rode on Riley's Train of Thought until Honesty Island came crumbling down which destroyed the train.

"That was our way home," Joy sulked. "We lost another island. What is happening?"

"Haven't you heard?" A mind worker asked. "Riley's running away."

"What?!" Cherry panicked.

"Wait, wait," Fear said as Riley began to pack up to leave home with Oddball. "Hang on, guys. Are we really doing this? I mean, this is serious."

"Look, we have no core memories," Anger reminded him. "You want Riley to be happy? Let's get back to Minnesota and make more, and Oddball's coming with us. She's the only friend we have left in this dump!"

"But what about Mom and Dad?" Patch asked, feeling weird calling Jessica and Christopher 'Mom and Dad'.

"It's their fault we're here, they like it so much here, they can just be here alone!" Anger huffed.

Patch sighed as he knew that he couldn't talk any sense into Anger.

"Joy, if we hurry we can still stop her." Cherry told the yellow emotion.