chapter 7

"We'll be there soon enough." Joy said.

It seemed to go on forever.

"Man, a lot of these shelves look the same..." Cherry pondered as she soon felt lost without Atticus.

"Sadness, are we almost there?" Joy asked.

"I honestly lost track..." Sadness sulked.

"Oh, come on!" Cherry groaned.

"You don't know where to go?" Joy asked Cherry.

"These all look the same now..." Cherry pouted. "I thought I did..."

'Forget them!" a voice yelled out.

Cherry put her hand to her ear. "That must be the Forgetters."

"Then maybe they know how to get back to the Headquarters." Joy said.

"I'm sorry, Joy..." Cherry frowned.

"It's all right, Creativity, we all make mistakes..." Joy said before hiding a glare to Sadness.

"Phone numbers?" one forgetter asked the other.

"We don't need all these, they're in her phone." the other forgetter replied.

"But what if she doesn't have her phone with her?" Cherry spoke up.

The forgetters turned to see that they had company.

"You can't throw those away!" Joy said as the forgetters came to memories that appeared to be black and white. "Those are perfectly good memories!"

"And why are they in black and white?" Cherry asked.

"When Riley doesn't care about a memory, it fades," the female forgetter explained. "Happens to the best of them."

"Except this bad boy," the male forgetter chuckled as he took out one of the spheres. "This one will never fade."

"No!" Cherry yelled before she took it and ran to throw it into the pit of forgotten memories.

"Hey, give that back!" the forgetters scolded.

Cherry ran with the memory until she was held down and they reached for the memory. "Gaaah!"

Joy soon grabbed it and kept it away from the forgetters. "The song from the gum commercial?!" she then noticed.

"You know, sometimes we just send that up to Headquarters for no reason!" the male forgetter laughed.

"It just plays in Riley's head over and over again like a million times!" the female forgetter added.

"Well, no more." Cherry said as she gave the annoying memory to Sadness so she could make the memory sad.

Sadness looked down.

"Sadness, don't touch--!" Joy yelped until Sadness touched the memory. "That...'

"This way they can't make Riley see this memory." Cherry said.

Meanwhile...

Riley was using her laptop so she could video chat with her best friend back home, and where luckily, she wasn't singing any annoying songs to herself.

'How do you like it there, did you feel any earthquakes, is the bridge cool?' Meg grinned on the other side.

"Yeah, it's good," Riley replied. "What happened at the play-offs?"

'We won the first game,' Meg smiled. 'Coach says we might actually go to the finals this year. Oh! And we've got this new girl on the team, she's so cool." she then took out a picture on her phone to show a new girl that seemed to had replaced Riley.