7; Tessa

"I cannot believe you're going on a date! The semester just started, how are you already hoeing around?" Kira joked as she stepped out of the bathroom with her silk robe hugging her body. She removed the micro fabric towel from her head and walked over to me on her bed. "Show me what he looks like!"

"It's not a date and I am not a hoe," I laughed. "But if you must know..."

She took my phone after I pulled up his Instagram and her eyes grew wide. "No way!"

"What?" I averted my eyes from hers, knowing she was judging me.

"Wait a minute, he looks familiar..." she showed me the screen,

" she showed me the screen,

"You have seen him before."

I stared at her as she continued to scroll through his Instagram. The quietness was making me anxious until she gasped.

"No fucking way," she squealed. "Oh my God! He is so hot with and without facial hair! I hope that isn't is kid," she laughed. "Who is he?"

"His name is Malakai, Kai for short

"His name is Malakai, Kai for short. He-um-he's a graduate student ," I giggled nervously.

"Wait...he's the TA for Calculus, isn't he?" she squinted her eyes at me and cocked her head to the side. I just smiled in reply, which resulted in a bigger gasp. "I am beyond shook! He's a grown ass man, like probably twenty-five!"

"You know I like older men!" I lightly pushed her arm. "Besides, it's just a tutor session."

"How do you already need tutoring?" Kira chuckled while laying down on her stomach next to me. "Classes just started."

"You know I highkey suck at math. I barely passed precalc last semester! I want to graduate on time, so I need to pass. Plus, my parents have been on my ass about it."

"They still see your grades?"

"You know my dad," I rolled my eyes. "He saw my schedule and said I needed to get a tutor, so..."