seven

It took Jungkook all the courage he could muster to pull open the heavy glass door. The minute he walked in, his insides melted. The smell of freshly roasted coffee beans overcame him, the sound of them being grounded engulfed him, and the brown walls with huge words written on them intrigued him. He wished he had brought his book. Jungkook blinked once, twice, as he saw everyone in the cafe, including him, was wearing either brown, white, or black. It was like everyone had come together to perfectly coordinate their colors. The coffee-colored aesthetic made Jungkook yearn for his notebook even more.

His eyes scanned the cafe, looking for Jimin. Then he found him, the boy that stuck out among everyone else. His white cap, sky blue denim jacket, a white shirt, and ripped black jeans, everything about Jimin's attire made him look like a diamond among the dust. Jungkook chuckled as he turned to order his coffee. Jimin was really one of a kind, distracted, his head in that book of his.

"Jungkookie!!" a voice yelled from that direction. Right. Jungkook mentally facepalmed himself. Haejin's here too.

"Hi Jinnie," Jungkook smiled as he put his cup of coffee on the table. Jimin looked up and closed his book gently with his slender fingers and put it on the table.

"Hey Jungkook. What did you order?" Jimin asked, nodding his head to the cup in Jungkook's hands.

"A Latte macchiato," he said, bringing the cup to his lips, froth bubbling on his lips. Jungkook wiped it away before asking, "What book is that?"

Jimin's lips curled up in a smile. "The Fault in our Stars."

Jungkook's heart started to pound, rapidly. He suddenly felt nauseous, as flashbacks rushed through his mind.

"Babe, are you okay? Please reply?"

Jungkook touched his two fingers to his temple, massaging them over and over as the memories kept coming. Jimin's eyes widened and he stood up, nearly spilling Jungkook's latte macchiato as he crouched down beside the boy, rubbing his thumbs soothingly on his shoulder. Yet Jungkook was anything but calm.

"Kookie, I'm sorry, I can't do this anymore, I can't be here anymore. But you know that I love you and always will. And that's the reason i have to go."

Silent tears slipped out of Jungkook's eyes, to Jimin's surprise. By that time, he was at a lost of words and ways of how to help Jungkook. All he could do was listen to the grinding of the coffee, the pouring of the hot liquid into cups that would be taken away by people who wouldn't pay attention to the boy sitting next to them, crying for reasons that Jimin couldn't explain.

"I'll fight it. I'll fight it for you. Don't you worry about me. I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time."

Jungkook finally opened his eyes. Jimin looked to him, "Are you okay?" the boy nodded.

"We can do this another day, if you want," Jimin asked, but Jungkook shook his head.

"Let's go somewhere more calming next time, by the way," he said, as if the cafe wasn't calming enough.

-

sorry this is so short!! i promise there will be a better update tomorrow!!