Chapter 10: Overtime

"Earth to Ava, hello, come in Ava." Elsie called out, snapping her fingers in my face bringing me back to the present moment. I was sitting in our Three o' clock meeting, not hearing a word that was said.

"Huh?" I mumbled meekly as I tried to remember what she was talking about. The last thing I remember hearing was Roxy going over new ideas that she wanted to post on our magazine's Instagram account. All I could focus on was the remnants of Lorenzo's cologne against my skin and the memory of his hands tangled in my hair. The feeling of his lips against mine as he kissed me so slowly and thoroughly. I've never been kissed that way before, like he wanted to savor yet devour me at the same time.

With a huff, Elsie gave Kammie and Roxy a pointed look. One that basically said I told you so. "Where's your mind at today woman? You're always nagging me about taking my job more seriously. I'll have you know I spent two sleepless nights preparing this slide show presentation of all the hottest and newest fashion wear and you're not even paying attention."

Cringing slightly, I offered a small apologetic smile. "I'm so sorry girls, I'm just so exhausted." I really didn't want to tell the girls anything that happened between Lorenzo and I just yet. They only knew about dinner last night and that was all I planned on disclosing for now, until I figured everything else out.

A knock on the conference room door provided a great distraction as a headful of styled dirty blonde hair peeked its head into the office. "Hey handsome." Kammie grinned as the rest of us greeted him with a, "Hey Greyson."

"Sorry for interrupting, but my beautiful wife said the meeting was over at five. It's five thirty and we have reservations at six." Greyson said, giving us a cheeky smile. "Hey ladies, you're welcome to join us if you'd like."

Shaking my head no, I didn't want to tag along as another wheel on their anniversary dinner. I've had enough of formal dinner gatherings for the time being. What I wanted to do was to go home and crawl under my covers to sleep for a few days, but I knew I had to call my parents first. My mom must have left me ten messages ranging from what initially started out as concern in English to downright screaming at me in Spanish for my inappropriate behavior.

"Thanks Greyson, but no thanks." I answered with a smile. "Kam get outta here." I ordered with a slight tilt of my head. "You too Roxy and Elsie, if you could just leave everything so that I can review it, I'll let you girls know what I think of it on Monday."

With a concerned look, Kammie came over to give me a hug. "You ok?"

"Of course." I responded automatically even though deep down inside I was caught up in my own personal turmoil. Pretending to read through the newsletter, I didn't dare look up to meet Kammie's eyes. One look into my eyes and she would see right through me. "Now go before they give away your table."

"Thanks again for the mini getaway and spa reservations Ava. You spoil us." Greyson stated as he slung an arm around Kammie and they began making their way out of the conference room.

"Thanks again Ave, I'll call you later ok?"

"Do not call me, I don't want to hear from you until the weekend is over and it's Monday morning." I smirked at Kammie suggestively. "Happy Anniversary, I really hope you guys enjoy it."

"C'mon Roxy if we hurry we can still get in on some happy hour drinks, you in Ava?" Gathering her things, Elsie stood and came over to hand me the usb for her slideshow.