Chapter Two

I got back to my apartment being surprised by my 2 best friends Monica and Eli.

"Did you get the job!?" Monica squealed putting both her hands on the shoulders.

"One word. Yes!" I said extremely happy. I hugged her so hard that she started to 'gag' but we hugged some more not caring.

"This is your big break! You could become famous! Think about it, my best friend could become a world famous chef!" Eli said taking me from Monica spinning me around like a sappy couple.

When he put me down I felt my cheeks become warm and tingly. I've had a crush on him for a couple of years now, only Monica knows. None of us know what goes in in Eli's mind, sometimes we don't want to know and sometimes we are dying to know.

He's just confusing, let's leave it at that.

"I know! It's great but there's one catch to it. I have to move into the workers quarters by tomorrow."

"What?" They said in unison.

"I have to move into the workers quarters by tomorrow. Apparently Mr. Rosado said that he doesn't want me to be late and that most of the workers live there." I said giving them a sad smile. "But according to my schedule I have the weekend off so I can visit you. Or after work which is at 9."

"What? No, your staying, I don't want you going off, we see each other everyday! Not basically twice a week!" Eli said starting to get creases in his forehead.

"But Eli, this job means a lot to me, I don't want to jeopardize it. I'll do whatever I need to." I said hugging him lightly.

"Dan does have a point Eli, she will do whatever she needs to." Monica said patting him on the back.

"Will you promise to call, text or skype us everyday and we'll catch up the weekend?" He said giving me his "look".

"I promise."

"Good! Let's get packing!" Eli said running straight to my room.

Hours later we finish packing all of my main necessities while the other things are staying with Monica since we share the apartment.

"Danielle." Eli mumbled into my neck. "I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too." I said letting him hug my waist. It was already 7 and shockingly Monica was out like a light. I guess she can't handle all the work. Ha I laughed at that.

"What's so funny?" Eli said laying us on my bed with his hands still on my waist.

"I was thinking about how Monica's asleep." I said snugging deeper into his warmth.

He let out a throaty chuckle as he buried his face into my neck smiling.

"I think I love you Danielle." Eli said seconds before falling asleep.

I swear, I think I just died. I just hope he meant it and he didn't let his tiredness get the best of him.

"I know I love you."