Lesson Six: The Secret of a Good Bucket List

I nodded, thinking about it. "I'll do it! Guys wanna help?" I turned to look at all of them.

They all nodded, smiling.

"Alright, paper or electronic?" Ariel asked.

I thought for a moment. "Paper... It seems... more official like that."

"Alright?" Justin chuckled, setting a notepad and pen in front of me.

I sighed, writing in the top: Kiley's Bucket List. I looked around, asking, "How's that to start it off?"

"Why are you asking us?" Dex asked. "It's your bucket list."

Everyone agreed with Dex.

"Well, sorry. I just wanted your guys' input." I told them. "Alright, so do any of you know how to start a bucket list?"

"Just write things down that you've always wanted to do," Ryder told me.

"Like...?" I asked.

"Well, what have you always wanted to do, but you couldn't?" Ryder asked me.

"Um..." I thought for a moment. "I've always wanted to play a prank on a teacher."

"That's good," Ariel told me. "Write it down, then, if you want."

I nodded, writing it down.

"Anything else?" Justin asked.

"Well..." I started looking at the notepad. "You know that commercial, for Citi?"

"You mean the one where the lady and her boyfriend go rock climbing?" Katy asked.

I nodded. "I want to go rock climbing in that place." I told them, writing it down.

"Wow, Kiley, I thought you were scared of heights." Dex said.

I looked at him. "It's for my bucket list, Dex."

After an hour and a half of talking about it, I had my bucket list done. It had taken 5 pieces of papers, 40 minutes of arguing, and a couple of bad ideas, but I finally had it. My bucket list. Looking down on it, I re-read it:

Kiley's Bucket List:

1.) Do an awesome prank on our math teacher, Mr. Eversten

2.) Ditch school one day

3.) Publicly diss random guys that hit on me

4.) Go to Venice, Malibu, and Seal beach- all in one weekend!

5.) Go skydiving!

6.) Learn a [new] foreign language- Mandarin Chinese, probably?

7.) Go rock climbing on Ancient Art in Moab, Utah

8.) Become friends with everyone in the school

9.) Find true love <3

10.) Have a guy say 'I love you' and say it back to him <3 <3

11.) Write [at least] one original song

12.) Hang out with some celebrities

13.) Tour London

14.) Visit the Eiffel Tower

15.) Go on a cross-country road trip with my friends(:

16.) Camp in Yosemite

17.) Go to Hawaii! Jump off a cliff- and one of those swinging ropes- into the water!

*All of the above^ have to be done with at least one other person in this room. Check the ones when you get them done!*

Looking over my bucket list, I mentally nodded. "Do you guys think this is good?"

After all of them looked at it, they all nodded. "I think it's good."

"Besides," Dex said, "if you're lacking something, then you could just do it, it doesn't have to be on your bucket list."

"You're right," I said, nodding.

Justin was looking at my bucket list, scratching his chin. "You know, number 9 and 10 are really girly."

"Well," Katy said, looking at Justin, "It is Kiley's bucket list. She could put whatever she wants in it."

"Still, though," Justin said, "they are girly."

"That's okay. You know, the secret of a good bucket list is to do something that's important to you. If finding true love, or saying 'I love you' to someone is important to you, then that's what the bucket list is for!" Ariel smiled.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's short.. ha.. ha..

The video on the right is the Citi commercial, the one where they rock climb in Ancient Art. Check it out! -->

Happy Easter everyone!(: