Entry5

I saw Ten today. Again.

It was late at night, and I was doing my shift, working hard at the convenience store- well, sort of working hard, to be honest- tidying up the goods on the shiny shelves.

Suddenly, I heard a commotion coming from outside.

Knowing the neighbouring shops' owners well, it struck me that the voice of the old lady from the fried chicken outlet nearby was the loudest of all.

And that should have been the cue for me to check her out, in case if she faint due to another high blood pressured day.

So I did.

When I walked out of the store, the first thing that came into my focus was the boy who was being scolded by Madam Kwon.

It was that quiet boy, who was always with Ten at school. His sweatshirt was soaked and he looked like a result after a day of heavy rain.

"Madam, what happens?" I asked upon arriving at the scene.

Madame Kwon took a glance at me and shook her head. "Thank god you're here. Look at this boy, banging around making noises to scare my customers away."

I took a good look at the boy and realised that he was sweating, probably with nervousness. The fact that an empty pail was laying on the ground near Madame Kwon's feet did not help to comfort him.

"What's your name?" I asked him bluntly.

The boy was startled at my sudden question, but decided to go over it quickly.

"Lee Taeyong." He announced.

I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Why are you scaring Madam Kwon's customers away?"

"I'm innocent."

"I don't think you're 100 percent innocent with what Madam Kwon said just now."

"I'm, actually. It was Ten who did it."

Belatedly, I realized that Taeyong was ocassionally eyeing something over my shoulders.

Turning around, Ten's flushed face faced me from his spot on the ground.

"Hey, Taeyong. Is this your girlfriend? I thought you likeeee me morrrreeee..." Ten pouted and slumped in his seat. His eyes were unfocused but I know he was referring to me.

"He's wasted." I looked at Taeyong incredelously-because, what is the function of drinking together when your friend let you drunk till you almost die?

"Listen, I've so many things to care about when he forced me to listen to his non-stop love problems. You've to understand that I try to be a good friend." Taeyong said and frowned.

"It just happens that I hate every single one of his girlfriends- exes or no ex." Taeyong sighed and elaborated his argument.

Speechless, I stared at Ten for a long while. "Are...I mean, are all of his girlfriends- that bad? "

Intrigued, Taeyong raised his eyebrow at me in a questioning manner and pointed his index finger towards me accusingly.

"Why do you even care?"

Fast but already too late, I cleared my throat awkwardly and shoved my hand into the pocket of the black jacket I was wearing.

To take Taeyong's mind off my big mouth, I took out a small bottle filled with cold drinking water and slapped it onto his outstretched palm.

"Here. It might not really help, but some said that cold water will sober people up. Every sensible being needs to know handy tips before drinking" I explained curtly and hurried away to get to my post back.

Luckily, no customer had visited the store while I was gone.

Well, you could say that I was not ready for death because of my boss' rage.

Before I could think of the strange previous situation any further, two young women got into the store.

Taking a deep breath, I decided to let it pass for the time being and turn my attention to my job.

When the bell above the door frame finally dinged sharp at eleven a'clock, I sighed in content and shed the black jacket off my shoulders. However, to my own surprise, the person who entered the store was not one who I thought he was.

"You're finally here, Jung Jaeh-" I stopped shortly after seeing Taeyong before me.

My hand hung mid air while my eyes were glued at his sight. Instead of the dripping wet sweatshirt he wore previously, Taeyong was then simply adorned with white shirt and jeans.

"What are you doing here?" The question jumped out of my mouth before I could stop myself.

Taeyong shook his head slightly and grinned. Then, he laid a few won on the counter.

"Thanks for helping Ten and me out. This is for the cold water." He said before holding up his right hand.

With palm stretched upwards, Taeyong nodded at me and walked out.

Speechless, I stared at him.

What did he think of me? Does he approve that I can be better than all Ten's other girlfriends?

___________________________

Comment, comment and comment~

Vote, vote, vote and vote~

♡♡♡