Entry 6

Cooking Club

"Listen, I'm sure it'll be a good idea for you. You said cooking is a fine hobby, right? After a week, we'll see again if you need to transfer club. See you next Monday!"

That was what my counsellor had said before she left for a lunch date yesterday. Like, seriously, don't get me wrong, I like Ms. Tiffany. She helped me going through a lot of things, but all these time like when she was overexcited about her blind dates were starting to get on my nerves.

Anyways , my saliva disappeared down my throat as I tried to moisten it in an effort to calm down.

"I can do this, I can..." I prep talked myself in front of the door because, why not? Meeting new people scared off my wits.

Out of blue, the door swung open with such a force that my instinct pulled me backwards. Admist the tumbling of my legs, gravitity decided to show me the proof of its love right then and pulled my bottom to meet the cold floor.

"Oh my gosh, Choi Hayoung?" A frankly familiar voice greeted my ears while my lower body screamed in mild pain.

I took approximately five minutes to rearrange my own thoughts and integrates the blushes on my face. All in all, the red spots were most definitely not because of embarassment, but more likely due to the obnoxious pain that I was feeling.

As soon as I regathered my wits, I opened my eyes slowly and found the entire cooking club members looking at me with mixed expressions.

Particularly, the one standing before me with his radiant pink hair, catching my attention. "Lee Taeyong?" I blurted out and shook my mind in confusion.

The impact of the collision between my butt and the floor was still strongly felt in my blood veins. My pulses were still a bit unsteady when Taeyong cupped my face with his warm hands and crouched to level our eyes.

"Mianhe, Hayoung-ah. Are you okay?" He asked me, his voice too loud in the silent room.

Immediately, warm blood rushed to my face while I cleared my throat and created distance between Taeyong and me.

"Ah, I..." I stuttered to say something quick but witty as a response, however my mind was not ready to cooperate yet.

Well... You can kiss the best first impression good bye now, Hayoung.

Instead of responding quickly, I closed my eyes and inhaled a deep breath to overcome my emotion attack.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I guess. Is this the school cooking club practice room?" I asked in an effort to cover up my embarassment. Not wanting to dwell on the stings on my left cheek, I instantly accepted Taeyong's help to get up and come inside.

Owing my gratitude , Taeyong seemed to notice my effort and cleared his throat to get the other members' attention. "Guys, we've got a new member. Let's welcome Hayoung to our club!" He announced with a joyful smile.

After a round of applause, I took the silence Taeyong had provided to muster a decent self introduction. "Hello, I'm Choi Hayoung. I register as a member today with the recommendation of Ms. Tiffany. Please take care of me well." I explained and bowed humbly.

It took a moment of silence before the others reacted.

"Ms. Tiffany? As in the school's counselor? Do you've another appointment with her? Maybe in this week?" A boy with messy black hair inquired from me.

Raising my eyebrow at the abrupt topic change, I nodded briefly, still unsure of his sudden interest in my counselling session.

"Tell her my hyung would like to meet her again sometime. Ah, my name is Yuta. Nakamoto Yuta, Cooking Club's Treasurer. " The boy added and held out his right hand. He let a kind smile faltered his businesslike expression. Too my own surprise, I replied his smile with ease and reached out to shake his hand.