Chapter 35

"I Will Follow You" by Toulouse

Mature chapter, don't read the first 2/3 if you don't like that, otherwise, enjoy.

Marie was snuggled next to Grace, both sleeping soundly, when Xavier walked softly into the room. He did not want to wake them if they were asleep, but he had news of Emil and Evan's imminent arrival. Bringing the Guardians together still triggered something inside, a feeling of anticipation and uncertainty, as usually a coming together was the result of a need for action. With all the pent up nerves of the last few weeks, he was ready to let off some steam.

That is not to say Marie had not helped him with some of that pent up energy earlier. Instead of going to them, he sat in one of the deep chairs in front of the fireplace, relishing the memories of her eager attention. Once Nathan had finished his feeding he came and stayed with Grace while they went to his rooms.

No sooner did he close and lock the door, than Marie leapt into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist. Their mouths met in a furious tangle of tongues and teeth, as he grasped her backside, pulling her tight against him. He carried her toward the bed in the corner of his room, but as he leaned to put her down, she pulled away and shook her head.

"Unh-uh. I'm in control today. You aren't going to worry about making a baby, and I'm not going to worry about making anyone but you happy," she said as she sinuously crawled out from under him, grabbing his hand and pulling him toward a chair in the corner. He came to a stop in front of it, and without warning, her hands flew out and pushed him unceremoniously back into the chair. It tilted back on its rear legs and came to rest with a small thump. She laughed quietly at the indignation spread across his handsome face, and he started to speak. "Nope, don't talk."

His mouth snapped shut as she began to unbutton the shirt she had been in the last 24 hours. As the fabric slipped from her shoulders, Xavier's inhaled deeply as he took in her light mocha skin, still bearing tell-tale body paint from the previous night's ceremony. Her breasts stood full upon her chest, the nipples taut and straining. "You're the most beautiful creature I have ever seen," he whispered, reaching out for her.

She slapped his hands away and moved to unfasten her cargo pants. They fell heavily to her feet and she stepped out of them and leaned closer to him. "I'm going to go take a shower, a real shower. Join me if you want to."

Marie turned toward the small en suite bathroom in the corner. Xavier watched the hypnotic sway of her hips as she walked away. Before the door closed she flashed him a coy glance, her green cat eyes enticing him. In the historic house, the rooms were small and the washrooms even smaller. There was a short clawfoot tub with a shower behind the door in the small space. He stood and disrobed rapidly and stepped through the door as Marie pulled the white fabric curtain closed, hiding her from him. A low growl escaped his chest as he pulled it back to step in. Steam already filled the small space, and added ambience to the trickling water. His eyes swept her from head to toe, taking in the wet black curls framing her face, the twitch of muscles in her arms as she reached to lather her body with soap, the pattern of the water drops as they ran between her breasts to her navel and lower. The pigment joined the water and turned the water a creamy pink, the white and red blending together.

A lazy smile crossed her face as she washed her thighs. "Are you joining me?"

He stepped into the small tub, taking the soap from her hand to finish lathering her body up. He squatted in front of her and kissed her belly and made his way upward, trying to attend to every inch of her exposed flesh, as the water rinsed the suds from her. "I miss your spots."

A deep throaty laugh caused his loins to tighten even further, as she replied, "You aren't more fond of my cat, are you?"

"I love all of you, Marie. She is part of you. I will not ask for any perverse attention from her, but she is what pulls you to me. She drives you to respond to me."