Just One Marriage

Standing at the end of the isle while waiting for a future bride to walk down it and hearing that familiar wedlock song should be the best moment of your life. At least, that's what people always say about their wedding. I never understood it, not even now at this sudden turning point in my life did I feel the so called joy of marriage.

The music of wedding tradition began to curse the room as the woman who was ruining every good thing I had going on -my future wife- walked down the isle. Her white dress barely managed to hide her bulge that now carried a cross I'd have to bear for the rest of my life.

'How could she be smiling?' I thought to myself. Both of our lives were ruined, because of a stupid mistake that was her fault to begin with. I continued to scowl at her beautiful figure until she stood before me, looking almost satisfied by my rage that she would soon be a Griffin; entitled to all the riches of me and my family.

Our eyes met and almost instantly, her face went cold. All amusement was gone from her eyes -and pure anger was hidden in mine. But she could see it bright as day. She could see the hatred I had for her, our new life together, and the thing in her stomach that I'm forced to call my own. My blood was boiling, but I knew I had to put on a show. Father's reputation was on the line and I wouldn't fail him, not again.

'Failure isn't an option.' He would always say. He's always been right about that. Failure was for the weak. Due to my recent failure, the woman I would be forced to live with would pay. She would pay for keeping that baby inside of her just to gain my money, my help, my well known name -along with it's perks. When I'm done with her, she'd wish she'd never tried to defy me by keeping the baby.

I'm only nineteen. I should be out having a good time with friends and spending my father's money while my older brother, Matthias, takes over as CEO in place of my old man.

At that exact moment while I ignored all of the pastor's pointless marriage speech, I made a promise to myself. No matter what happened with this gold digger and the blood we shared, I would end up on top, be the survivor, be the one who gets it all. I would reign victorious and leave everyone else in the dust.

I would see this marriage not as a curse, but as an opportunity.

With the newfound idea, I couldn't keep the smirk off my face as I said, "I do."

So please, read on, vote, and comment! Feedback means a lot to me and really inspires me to write more! Thanks, and keep writing peoples!