Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Antonio POV

I sat in my office at the trap listening to Chris tell me how the meet with the connect was. I saw his lips moving but all I could think about was Alessandra. I was happy that she gave a nigga a chance to penetrate through her hard exterior and finally opened up some. Although that's not the only thing I'd like to penetrate. Shawty had a nigga feigning for her body. A pen hit me on the head, breaking me out of my thoughts. I looked towards Chris.

"Man did you hear anything I've been saying?" Chris asked, slightly annoyed.

"My bad, got a lot on my mind" I replied with a smile thinking of Alessandra.

"What broad got yo ass cheesing like its Christmas?" he asked with a raised eyebrow

"You aint gotta worry bout all dat. Imma head to the hospital and check on moms. Keep yo ears to the street about Rodriguez's empire and who they gunning for cause we don't need any unnecessary problems right now." I said and exited the room, not giving him a chance to reply.

I got in my Benz and made my way towards the hospital. It's really taking a toll on me seeing my mom like this.

Alessandra POV

I sat at my father's bedside and held his hand, hoping and praying he would wake up soon although a small part of me felt as if he was gone. I was beginning to get exhausted after having to fill his shoes for so long. Being in his shoes has really made me appreciate my father a whole lot more. He deals with so much just to make me happy and keep up with our lavish lifestyle.

My thoughts switched to Antonio which immediately made me smile. I was kinda surprised that I had broken down one of my walls and opened up to him a bit but I don't regret it. As my thoughts travelled further I realized that I hadn't heard from him since our date three days ago. The ringing of my cell phone put my thoughts on pause as I answered Kim's call.

"Hey bestie, how are you?" I said sweetly into the phone.

"Gyal you lucky I love yo ass cause you nuh have no time fi mi" she said fake crying into the phone.

"Kiiiiim, don't start making me feel bad. You know I love you bestie I just have a lot on my plate. How about we have a sleepover this weekend and go clubbing?" I suggested knowing she would agree.

"Sounds great boo. How's your dad doing?" Kim asked in a sad tone. She knew how close I was to my dad and she was close to him as well.

"He's been the same. He hasn't shown any progress but I'm hoping and praying" I replied

"I feel ya pain, I looked at him as a father figure too. I gotta go though, I'm on my way to the boutique to order some stock. I'll hit you up later Lessa. Love you bestie." She said into the phone then hung up after I replied with a 'love you more'.

Kim had her own clothing boutique in Miami and it was very popular. Unlike me, Kim grew up with both parents and a lot of siblings. After feeling trapped in Jamaica, she left her family behind and headed to Miami for a fresh start. She has some family in Miami as well. We met in college while she was majored in fashion, I majored in business and accounting. We've been inseparable ever since. She's had her string of romance but she wasn't planning on settling down anytime soon.

My gaze shifted to my father and I sighed deeply. I kissed his cheek before gathering my stuff and leaving his room. I'd love to spend more time with him but I have a lot to get done and I still haven't heard from my uncle.

As I rode the elevator, I remembered the lady I met and decided to make a quick stop to her room. I knocked then entered to see her reading a magazine. As her eye met mine, she smiled genuinely.

"I saw the note you left dear. Thanks for stopping by I'm sorry I missed you though" she said.

"No worries. I promised I'd stop by. I'm Alessandra" I said with a smile.

"I'm Vivian but everyone calls me Viv" she replied.

We started talking and bonding as she told me what it was like being a cancer patient. I gave her the reason for my frequent visits to the hospital. We spoke for what felt like an hour and in all it was just twenty minutes. She spoke of her days as a young girl and also about her son whom she loved dearly. She also had hopes of me meeting her son during one of his visits. I agreed and we continued chatting and joking. After a while, we exchanged goodbyes and I headed out of the hospital.

As I walked to my car, a hand grabbed mine and I instantly turned around only to be met with those warm brown eyes of Antonio. He smiled at me showing his pearly whites although it disappeared when he noticed I didn't return it.

"Wassup?" I asked dryly.

"Listen ma, I know we haven't spoken since our date but that doesn't mean you haven't been on my mind. I've just been dealing with some issues. I apologize though, I should have hit you up" he said

"You cool, its not like we together anyways." I replied cooly.

"Miss me wid dat" he said after smacking his lips. "You gonna be mine shortly ma" he said after flashing a smile.

I cracked a smile at his persistence. "I could have hit you up too Antonio. I just got done visiting my dad although he hasn't shown any progress. I guess you're here to see your mom" I said and he nodded while running a hand through his waves.

"I've been so busy over the past few days so I haven't had the chance to see her so Imma run up to her room real quick and see her. Lemme walk you to your car though"

I obliged and allowed him to follow me. He opened my door for me and closed it after I got in.

"Thanks"

"It ain't nothing ma. Aye keep your phone close cause Imma hit you up since you been lowkey missing a nigga but afraid to say it" he said with a wink.

I laughed "Who you talking? I aint missed you but I am lowkey looking forward to your call"

"You know you cant resist all this. Drive save ma" he said before moving from the vehicle and walking to the entrance of the hospital.

I peeled out of the parking lot and into the direction of the trap. I made a quick detour and got something to eat cause I hadn't eaten all day.

'I know its been almost a year since my last update but I'm back and I hope to update a lot more frequently. I'd appreciate some feedback and votes. Thanks guys !