Chapter 5

Antonio POV

As I sat in the hospital room waiting for my mother to wake up I thought of Alessandra and smiled. I took out my phone and started up a text convo with her.

Tone: Good morning ma, how's your day going?

Lessa: Gm, its aiite, not much better that am hearing from you

Tone: Damn lil ma why you gotta hurt a nigga feelings like that ?

Lessa: Aww I thought thugs had no feelings.

Tone: Mmhm I know you cheeks red as hell from the moment I texted you. Wear something simple for our date tonight cause I know you excited to see my fine ass.

Lessa: Maybe I am.... Or not

*End of Text Convo*

"What got you over there grinning like a Cheshire cat?" ma questioned.

" Morning mama, you finally up. How you feeling?" I asked, ignoring her question.

" I see you ignoring my question but am feeling the same way if not worse." She stated while coughing.

It honestly breaks my heart to see my mother like this on her death bed knowing I can't stop it. Being a single parent is hard and I'll forever be grateful that my mom didn't abort me or abandon me although my sperm donor did.

"Damn iite ma, I got some errands to run so I'll stop by tomorrow. Just get some rest and have the nurses call me if anything. I love you mama" I said after kissing and hugging her.

"Love you too son. Be careful!" she yelled as I headed out the door.

I left the hospital and made my way to the trap cause there were some matters at hand.

Being in the drug game aint easy and I've been at it ever since high school. The man that took me in, Slade, recently left the game and gave me his empire and I owe all my success to him.

Upon entering the trap I saw little work being done.

"Yo why the fuck y'all sitting up in here when money out there to be made?" I questioned.

"Boss man Tone we running low on supply and the corner boys are still out selling" one of them replied.

I grunted and rubbed my temples. If it ain't one shit it's the fucking next. I headed to my office motioning for Chris to follow me.

"Why we aint got no supply? These niggas sitting up in here wasting time and time is money"

" Our connect got killed 2 days ago and we were suppose to arrange another shipment for this week. They just confirmed his death a couple hours ago. I left a message on yo phone too nigga." Chris replied.

"Fuck! That nigga had gave up one of the best qualities of coke. Who da fuck could have offed him?"

"Word on the street is that whoever has taken over Victor Rodriguez' empire aint playing no games. They gunning for everybody and wiping out who irrelevant" he said.

'That name familiar as hell' I thought.

"Aiite I aint bout to let these niggas sit up in here and waste time. Amma make a few calls to Slade's old connect who owes me a favour and try to get in some work tonight. If it's a go, I'll text you the instructions" I said and he nodded before leaving my office.

I immediately got in contact with the connect and set up the drop for tonight then relayed the info to Chris so he could get it done. I rocked back in my chair and rolled up a blunt to take my mind off shit. As I did so I thought of Alessandra and our date tonight. I saw it was going on 6 and I need a fresh cut so I headed to the barbershop.