Chapter 6

It was pretty late, I saw the glare from a car driving on the street through the cracks in the blinds. How I Met Your Mother was dimly playing on the tv while I was engulfed by my blanket. I had the orange chicken Jack brought earlier in my lap, I warmed the rest of it up since I didn't finish it earlier. My eyes were growing droopier and droopier as each commercial break came on. I jumped slightly whenever my phone vibrated in my back pocket.

10:36 pm. Jack:
Hey xx what are you up to?

10:36 pm Alex:
Just eating left over chicken while watching How I Met Your Mother, what about you?

10:37 pm jack:
Oh, very fun. I'm editing some things for Conor. Apparently he's too busy tonight to do shit.

10:37 pm Alex:
Sibling bonding! Its not a bad thing (;

10:38 pm Jack:
I guess you could say its something like that. I get to watch videos of my own brother singing frame by frame.

10:38 pm. Alex:
Sounds very tedious, I'll let you finish?

10:40 pm. Jack:
No, no. Its not that bad.

I woke up from the sound of Victoria dropping something in the kitchen. I sit up a little and strain my eyes to get past the morning blurriness.

"Shit, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." She said quickly and picked up the purse she dropped.

"Its fine... Where are you going? Its our day off." I rubbed my neck and looked around for my phone. I noticed my food was gone and the tv was off.

"Just running to the store, need anything?" She asked walking towards the door.

"Uh- not at the moment, but I'll text you later if I need anything." I replied and plopped back into the couch and closed my eyes.

"Alright then I'll see you later." She shook her head laughing as she shut the door behind her. I pealed open my tired eyes and stared at the ceiling in the new silence of our home. I might as well get up and do something productive.

I turned sideways in my mirror and looked at my attire. I was in a pink nike pull over and some black shorts. I pulled my hair up into pony tail quickly. I looked around for deodorant and when I found that it was just about gone I texted Victoria to pick some up at the store.

I went down to the park across the street, plugging my headphones as I began to run. Shewolf blared in my ears as I ran my trail passing a few elderly people walking to get their exercise for the day as well. I neared the end and saw a familiar red head kicking a ball around with a little boy that looked around the age of 10. I debated for a moment whether or not to go a talk to him but before I knew it he was walking towards me.

"Fancy seeing you here." His eyes squinted towards me through the sun.

"I know! Its crazy, I live in the flats across the street. It really is a small world." I laughed softly reaching for my phone and turning off my music.

"How's Victoria?" He added in quickly holding the ball against his side.

"Uh- I think she's doing pretty good. She's out running errands and stuff today." I replied "Who's the little one?" I nodded my head in the direction of the little boy taking a drink of water by a bench nearby.

"Just a neighbor, he's trying out for his schools football team, I offered to help out a little." He shrugged, turning around to look at the boy for a minute.

"Ah. How's he doing?" I asked.

"Pretty good considering I'm his coach for now." He let out a little laugh.

"Oh whatever." I shook my head laughing with him.

"How's Jack and Conor?" I sighed.

"Jack went out with Allison last night, something about Mikey and drinking, he's had a rough morning. Conor had a date with his new little girly friend." He shrugged. I narrowed my eyes a little bit and nodded.

"Fun stuff, how are you by the way?" I looked up at him.

"Me? Oh I'm doing great. Had a fantastic breakfast this morning at that little café on the corner." He gestured in the direction.

"Oh! Yeah, they have really nice food." I chuckled, glancing back at the boy who was kicking up dirt. "I'll let you get back to coaching. It was nice seeing you." I gave a smile.

"Alright, see you around." He waved and we parted ways. I put my head phones in and started my trail back home.

I plopped on the couch once I got home, taking my hair down from my ponytail.

12:56pm. Jack:
Josh came home and wouldn't stop raving about how he saw you at the park. Aha.

12:57pm. Alex:
Oh yeah! I went on a run and saw him kicking a ball with your little neighbor child lol.

12:58pm. Jack:
I so would have been there if it wasn't for this massive hangover, funny how things work out.

1:00pm. Alex:
Josh told me about that.

1:01pm. Jack:
Josh says everything doesn't he.

1:01pm. Jack:
Can I talk to you later? I have to film some stuff for tomorrow.

1:02pm. Alex:
Of course! Talk to you later.

"Guess where we are going tonight for dinner!" Victoria walked through the front door with a few grocery bags.

"Uhh, Nandos?" I raised an eyebrow and stood to help her put things again.

"Nope." She hummed happily.

"Just tell me, you know I suck at guessing." I put a gallon of milk away.

"Ugh fine- josh invited us over for a little dinner thing with a few of their friends." She said.

"Fun, Allison is probably going to be there." I rolled my eyes.

"She isn't even that pretty, Jack would be pretty stupid if he let you pass by." She gave me a look.

"It's fine, I don't really care I'd just wish everyone would stop bringing her up." I sat at the breakfast bar.

"Who brought her up?" She asked.

"I went on a run and ran into josh at the park, Jack went out partying with her last night." I groaned tiredly.

"Ohh, I'm sorry." She frowned slightly. "Maybe she won't be there and then you can slide into Jack's DMS." She let out a laugh.

"Don't ever say that again." I shook my head holding back a laugh.

"You're right, that was stupid." We erupted in laughter.

AN.

THIS WAS SUCH A HARD CHAPTER TO WRITE AND I'M SORRY THAT IT SUCKS BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE SO SO SO MUCH BETTER I PROMISE. THANK YOU FOR READING XX