Chapter 2: Highway to Hell

Okie dokie. 

This is the chapter where things begin to pick up...

There are plenty of clues in this chapter that you'll need to remember for later if you wanna show everyone your inner Sherlock.

In fact, this whole chapter could be woven with clues...

Hmmm, guess you'll just have to read to find out X

P.S. I love Alice :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alice, Alice...wake up. ALICE!"

Irritated, my eyes reluctantly flew open, regardless of my brain's refusal,

"What?" I groaned, my voice slightly slurred.

Give me a break, I just woke up, I'm not exactly going to be speaking like Emma Watson am I?

Glancing around, I saw that we were still in the car, though we'd stopped in what seemed like the middle of nowhere-fields stretching out as far as the human eye could see on either side of us. One of the car doors were open, and mum had left her place in the front seat.

"Alice!" Came the impatient voice of my sister again. She was standing outside the open door, gesturing for me to step outside.

I wasn't in the mood to get caught up in a fight with her, which judging by the stormy look on her face, and the way her hair flew around her head, could happen any minute now.

Hurriedly, I scrambled out of the car and found that my idea of us being in the 'middle of nowhere' wasn't entirely accurate. 

There were fields on either side of a-road-that-seemed-as-though-it'd-lead-you-to-the-edge-of-the-world. But a cobbled path branched off the road leading to a small service station.

Mum was already waiting for us, thus without hesitation, we went to join her- Bridget running, and me casually strolling, taking in the surroundings.                                 
Judging by the colour of the sky, I assumed it was late afternoon, 4:30 maybe?

It was a beautiful pale blue stroked with peach pink strands of cotton wool, and to top it all off, a brilliant golden glow emanated from the few remaining fluffy clouds...

I'm describing the sky in case you were wondering. I'm not the 'Mad-hatter' remember? I'm 'Alice.' 

I wanted to explore more and take a few more pictures with my mind, plus, some fresh air could do me good, so instead of following Bridget to the service station, I turned in the opposite direction towards the car, grabbed my coat and ran to the field.

I carefully treaded on the icy pathway before taking a huge stride to reach the field, thank goodness the roads had been cleared up or else it would've been a nightmare driving on the ice.

As I did this though, I couldn't shake off the nagging voice in my head telling me I'd forgotten to do something.

Must've forgotten to pack an extra pair of gloves.

Yeah, that was probably it.

I'm sure someone there would have tons to spare.

The horrid feeling now gone, I continued to walk on the grass, it's icy blades crushing with a satisfying crunch underneath my boots.

The grass was a little damp with frost, but nothing I couldn't handle. I was wearing skinny jeans and a tatty but warm jumper anyway, not to mention a long warm coat, and I was grateful for the mud- I was wearing my military boots which I'd purchased a few months ago, and they still hadn't got a speck of dirt on them. Not one.