Comfort

Marco silently looked up at the ceiling, still shocked by the events that took place last night. He still remembered the clouded look in Jackie's eyes and the way her soft, laid back voice had sounded so cold as she unknowingly shattered his heart into tiny pieces. Tears formed in his soft, chocolate brown eyes as he recalled the exact words she said to him.

"Marco...." Jackie started "You and I both know that this was never going to work out in the first place. You're the safe boy who always looks both ways and never wants to take risks in life, and that's just not who I want to be with." As she spoke, Marco could've sworn he heard her voice crack just a little bit, as if this was hurting her as much as it was hurting him. She silently grabbed her skateboard and started gliding off into the night without another word.

  "Jackie wait!" He cried out, trying his best to run after her, but with no luck. She was gone, and there was no chance of her coming back. His eyes welled up with tears as he turned around and started trudging home, his hands buried deep into his pockets.

As Marco played through the entire scene in his head yet again, trying to come up with anything he could've done differently that maybe could've convinced her to stay, his thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a soft bark and a lick to the face. He looked next to him to reveal the soft laser puppy that always somehow managed to comfort him whenever he was in pain or just sad. He gently picked up the puppy and began stroking its soft head as he looked around the room because wherever there was puppies or magic, his best friend was sure to be. The door to his room suddenly creeped open, revealing a pair of soft blue eyes and the slightest tuff of blonde hair.

"Marco, are you alright..?" She asks in a gentle voice, completely different from her normally loud and hyper voice she always seemed to use.

"Go away star, I'm not in the mood right now.." Marco mutters just loud enough for her to hear as he silently cuddles into his pillow.

Star sighs sadly and goes to turn around to walk way in defeat before stopping for a moment. She suddenly turns around on her heels and goes marching back into his room, not willing to accept defeat. "I am your best friend Marco, I'm not just going to let you wallow in sadness for the rest of the day." She states as she looks as the curled up mess that was her best friend and secret crush before softening her features and sitting down beside him. "I know this must be hard on you, I've been there and I've done that, but just staying inside all day and crying isn't going to help you move on. Now come on, get up lazy head, I'm taking you out to get your mind off of everything!" She chirps excitedly as she got up to leave the room.

Marco suddenly groaned in exhaustion. "Ugh, do I have to?" He asks as he sits up to look at the girl, trying to hide any sign of amusement he was secretly feeling at her attempt to make him feel better.

She smiled widely, sensing his change in demeanor. "Of course you have to! I found a really good ice cream place and I can't go without my best friend now can I?" She exclaims excitedly before adding quickly "Oh and Marco?" She asks, turning around to look at him.

"What now Star?" He asks as he looks at her.

"You might want to take a shower, you kinda smell funny" star says before playfully sticking her tongue out and leaving his room.