~CHAPTER 13~

I strut down the halls in search of the guards that take him to Regal Forest. I keep my hands behind my back to not make it look weird by having my hand look like I'm holding someone's hand.

"Trevan?" I turn around a little startled; I see Queen Aura. "Um. Hello... mother?" She looks shaken. Probably because she is going into the hands of Sirius.

She looks at me confused. "Are you all right?"

"Yes. And you?"

"I'm just tired is all. I thought you were in the garden?"

"Yes. I was. But I was thinking why not go to Regal Forest?"

"Now? Don't you go at three?"

"Yes but I felt like going early today. Where are the guards that take me?"

"The main corridor. You know that."

"Yea. Sorry."

"Are you sure you're feeling all right?"

"Yes mother," I smile. I head towards the main corridor. I find the two guards that usually take Prince Trevan. "I'm going to Regal Forest." The guards follow me and open the door. We walk up to the barrier and the get out their staffs to open it up. "I'd like to be alone please."

"But your Highness!"

"I said alone!"

"Yes your Highness." They nod their heads.

My heart thumps. I remember to not look back. Each time I step I have to remember to not run yet. After we get out of view I finally breathe. "I can't believe that worked!" I let go of Scorch's hand and shift back into human form. I hug him in excitement. The hug lasts longer than usual and becomes awkward. We both lift our heads slowly and stare at each other. Butterflies flutter in my stomach. My eyes dart all across his face. He leans in closer and my breath hitches. "Um..."

He stops in his tracks and let's go. "Right, uh... we should get going," he stutters.

"Yea."

"You can sit on my back."

"What?"

"I shift into Dragon form and you can sit on my back. I'll take you to Sirius."

"All right."

His talons, wings, tail, snout, and horns start to grow out. He kneels down for me to be able to hop on to his back. When he stands up I start to wobble. I put my arms around Scorch's neck so I wouldn't fall. He lifts off and the wind starts to wave my hair around. We go higher and higher. The view is magnificent. The wind is on my face and I look down; I see all the green lush trees. I look up and see the different hues in the sky. The sun starts to set. I feel like I have no care in the world up here. It's so calm and pleasant. I haven't felt so calm since forever.

All of a sudden, he started to go faster and I clutched onto Scorch harder. I felt the wind all over me. Scorch makes a loop. Once I wasn't on my side and sitting normally, I laugh. Scorch closes his wings and dips down. My heart stops, "Scorch!" I yell for him to stop and get back up. He keeps skidding down, "Scorch!". He completely opens up his wings which parasails us back up. I have never had this much fun or laughed this hard.

We have been flying for a while. The sky has turned dark blue and I've grown tired. I notice that we no longer are in the premises of beautiful scenery. Instead of lush green trees, they were leafless and creepy. We started to descend into the eerie, leafless forest. His feet crunch the leaves once we land. I jump down from Scorch's Dragon back. He shifts back into human form. "Well that was fun," I smile. I just can't help this feeling I get when I'm around Scorch. Being with him for the past few days isn't helping my case.