Chapter 1:Vanished and Gone

ROME

Sitting here, unconsciously staring at the night sky, just wondering how it happened, again. Rumors spreading about the disappearance of this certain constellation which made the whole world, blown away.

"Unbelievable." –said I, still looking at the starry sky.

It's been a couple of days when they announced that the formation of another constellation is gone. Some people believed that it hid behind some faraway galaxies which are just- very impossible actually. Nevertheless, I believe I saw formations like that but it lacks one or two stars thus, making it a fake one, not the same pattern, not the same size, not the same everything, a fake one indeed.

I'm up all night again, without doing anything, but watching the stars. I prepared my catadioptric telescope. Wandering the whole picture of the universe makes me entirely crazy. I took a deep breath and started to look into the telescope revealing the beautiful celestial creatures.

"Stars are pretty- I mean beautiful-no, they're beyond beautiful, they're bewitching?"

I'm talking to myself again. I chuckled.

Stars are my life. Whenever I felt alone and forsaken, I watch them. When I see them, I always felt satisfied and contented. I felt like  I'm a part of them just like how they are a part of me. An inspiration. They are surrounded by the darkness but they try to do their best to shine so bright. In that way, they can no longer be scared.

It's amazing how beautiful the stars are.

I'm Andromeda Strange, I was named after the famous Andromeda Galaxy and a Greek Mythological character, Andromeda. Which later became a constellation.

And yes, I am a stargazer. Not an ordinary stargazer and not an astronomer, yet. I'm a high functioning stargazer, and that means I'm a pro.

"Perseus, huh?"

"You called?" someone spoke behind me. He pushed me  aside and  grab the telescope.

"Perseus." I said in annoyance. He ignored me and  he just shrugged.

"What?" he flashed a teasing smile and focused himself on the telescope.

Perseus Benedict Salvador. The most annoying, and the most disgracing person in the world, but he's the nicest person I ever know. My significant other, partner in crimes, my best friend (but not really) I'm so lucky to have him.

He averted his eyes on the telescope and looked at me.
"Still looking for Perseus? Nandito naman ako, ang Perseus ng buhay mo." He winked.

Tss. I rolled my eyes. I know change is the only constant thing in the world. Pero bakit hindi nagbabago ang isang 'to?