Chapter 3: The Two Stars

ROME

I was pacing back and forth.

Is it wrong to ponder over little things too much? I mean, what's the big deal when it's only a joke? Or is it?

"But seriously Rome, it's half-half."

I stop for a moment and rolled my eyes.

No way. Hindi ako assumera para mag-assume. Hindi rin ako feelingera para mag-feeling.

I continued walking again.

"What's the big deal, Rome?! Stop thinking about it!"

"I can't stop thinking about it."

"Then stop thinking at all."

It's been two days since that night, and until tonight, even tomorrow, day after day, I kept talking to myself.

I think I'm losing my mind.

I sighed and put that matter aside. Come on, Rome. You just have to keep yourself busy. Walang kwenta ang bagay na to, kailan pa 'to napasok sa utak mo?

I went out of my room and began looking for my niece. I found her sitting at the main doorstep while looking at the sky as if praying.

I got near her silently.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I inquired her, looking at the sky.
"You seem to be praying intently."

"Nah. I'm just wondering why would they do that to my mom." she answered. She looked at my direction and flashed a sad smile.

I close the gap between us and let her head lean on my shoulder.
"You little kiddo, just hope that your mom gets well soon. Babalik din siya."

She nod her head. "Yup, I know right, TITA." she chuckled. She knows how I hate being called tita.

"Tss. kung hindi ka lang malungkot ngayon, hmp." I pinch her shoulder and laughed. She joined me too.

"Sige na, you better sleep now. Susunod nalang ako doon. "

She stayed a little bit longer and soon got up and went inside the house.

Nandito parin ako sa labas at nakatuon lang ang atensiyon sa mga bituin.

There's a story that some people are extraordinary because they're made from stars.

The story goes on like, there's this girl, she's princess. She's beautiful, smart and she has a soft heart. Unlike her mother, she grew up as a fine woman and a really humble person. Because of her mother's boastfulness that angered the Gods, she was sacrificed to a sea monster.

Then, there goes her saviour, her knight in shinning armour, her prince charming, he saved her and bravely defeated and killed the sea monster. The two stars instantly fell in love and married each other.

But that's not the end. The death of the sea monster alarmed the sea king. 'That was very powerful! It was great, so how come that it was beaten by a single, powerless person?'

The king was angered by the news. He was jealous and fiery. He plan to report that incident to the Gods. However, he was shocked after knowing that the man was a son of a god; he changed his plans and stated it was that girl's destiny to die. She was sacrificed instead because of her mother's sin but the man intervened. The king's plan worked and he rejoiced.

The two stars had no other choice. They have to let go of each other. They are in so much pain and nobody can compare to their sorrows.

She was scared, but he was more.

The girl disappeared at once and the man was left with her gone.

His sadness and sorrow made him feel strange that one day, he seeks for revenge. In front of many people, he killed the sea king.

The almighty God was furious. He let the star fall down as his punishment. The star became human and he can no longer return into the night sky.

The almighty God was not contented yet. He brought the life of the princess back and that made the man regretful. He begged and begged for forgiveness but it was too late.

At night, he stared at his love far away from him.

"Their tears ran down when they saw each other as the rain falls heartlessly." I was taken aback. How do I know it was raining and why would I say its raining? I was never been told that it was raining but the idea of raining suddenly came into my head, and I used the word raining many times now.

And why am I crying?

"Rome? Wait, are you crying?" I looked at him and his joyful smile suddenly faded. His worrisome face even made me cry more. "Shh... Andromeda, Hey, are you alright? Damn! What should I do?! Why the heck are you crying?!"

I stand. "I don't know..."

"I feel like I'm dying." I said.

He put his hand on my shoulder and raise my chin. "Shh... look at me, stop crying, baka marinig tayo ng mommy mo at akalaing pinaiyak kita."

I wiped my tears and composed myself. "Perseus."

"Hmm?"

"Bakit ngayon ka lang?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

I smiled, thinking about something.

"At nagawa mong hindi ako kausapin ha?"

"Oh that... I'm sorry. Katulad MO kasi, busy rin ako."

"At kelan ka pa naging busy huh Perseus?"

"Since naging president po ako ng student council po. Now, you must know exactly what I felt before."

"Oo na, sorry na. Guilty na ako."

He chuckled.

"Good. Now let's go inside."

Some people believe that stars who became human actually exists. They exist because they are cursed. Sila ay may nagawang kasalanan kaya sila na buhay sa mundo. Living on Earth, that's their punishment. But what does living on earth exactly means? That's the real mystery.