Field Trip, My ass

Any other day Melody would start training in a vain attempt at placating him

Any other day Melody would start training in a vain attempt at placating him. Today, she was too exhausted. She couldn't bring herself to bother. She tosses her bag onto the bench and drops down beside it, leaning back against the cool wall and closing  her eyes. The bright lighting of the gym not helping her pounding headache, her whole body ached with over excursion and lack of sleep.

Why should she try when it gets her nowhere? For someone that treats her like nothing?

Melody hears the click of the door and opens her eyes as Pietro walks in smiling down at his phone. He's so effortlessly handsome. His hair all messy, sweatpants hung low on his hips and the vest top he wore barely covered his chest, his arms glistening under the lights.

She has to tear her eyes away, her thoughts going back to last night. Melody stands up, pulling her sleeve down self consciously and avoids his eyes, waiting for his first instruction. Feeling as small she did on that first day, ironic really. Pietro looks up from his phone and raises an eyebrow.

"Wow, did you get any sleep?"

Of course, he had to point it out. Without thinking she reaches up to brush some hair out of her face and tug down her t-shirt.

Shit.

Pietro narrows his eyes and before Melody can blink he's in front of her, backing her into the wall. He takes hold of her wrist and drags her sleeve down, inspecting the bandage covering her knuckles, the dark red still seeping through.

"So the mirror just fell over yes?" he asks accusingly and Melody draws her hand away, covering it with her sleeve again.

"I cut it on the glass." She lies and she can tell he doesn't believe her, shaking his head and considering what to do. He steps towards her again and she backs away from him.

"Haide, we're going on a trip to the fields."

Melody gawps at him confused, "We're what?" She doesn't have time to complain as he speeds behind her lifting her up into a bridal position.

"Shit  Melody, you're much heavier than Wanda." Pietro groans as he lifts her, muttering under his breath as he gets used to her weight and Melody cringes. No shit Sherlock.

Pietro starts to run, building up speed until they leave the tower and the force pushes Melody back against him. It's worse than any roller coaster she's ever been on, the world flying by so fast all Melody can do is grip onto him for dear life.

"Melody, open your eyes." Everything blurs and distorts around her, rushing past at such speed, it takes all her concentration to focus. The way Pietro moves fascinates her, he could slow down, speed up, dodge people and buildings with such accuracy.

"Pietro, this is amazing." He started showing off then, running off the tops of buildings and gliding back down to the ground. The moment he jumped was so exhilarating. Melody instinctively grabbed onto him when that happened and she was sure he did it on purpose, looking down at her with a smug smile.