Systematic

They were her favourite

They were her favourite. Those few moments of silence before her awareness crept in, her conscious mind reminding her of everything she wanted to forget. Leaving Melody to lie there with that horrible feeling, the same one that stays with her all day after a nightmare. Except last night wasn't a dream and that feeling wouldn't ever go away.

Melody groans and pulls off the covers, steadying herself as her vision goes spotty. Every muscle in her body ached and burned with effort, but she wouldn't give in. Determined to show up at training, even if it killed her.

Carefully stepping into the shower Melody lets the hot water soothe her muscles and redresses her blisters, trudging out of the bathroom drying her hair.

Thinking she's alone Melody doesn't notice her door is half open and she walks across to her closet. Her skin bristles at the breeze behind her, something touches her arm and Melody screams, shoving her elbow back, right into the face of the intruder.

"Fuck! Melody! You broke my nose!" Pietro staggers back, blood starting to trickle out of his nose. Oh god.

Melody pulls the towel from her hair and wraps it around herself covering her body as best she could. She couldn't stop shaking. Mortified that he'd seen her naked, he's  seen everything, each ugly imperfection. Fuck, Melody just gave him ammunition for a thousand fucking insults.

Still, her first instinct was to help him, grabbing a clean towel and pressing it to his nose.

"Will you keep still?!"

Pietro bats her hands away, "Don't touch it!"

The amount of blood makes his injury seem much worse than it actually was and Melody is satisfied his nose isn't broken. Pietro's still flailing around though. No doubt there would be a huge bruise once the bleeding stopped. That and a huge amount of whingeing.

"What the hell Pietro?! Why were you creeping around?!"

"You didn't answer the door!"

"I was in the shower!" Melody yells back and has a fleeting thought that he was worried about her...that soon got pushed away.

"No shit! That...that towel is not helping!" His face flushes, looking everywhere but Meldoy and she grabs the quilt from the bed, wrapping it around herself. Why was he still here if the sight of her disgusted him so much?

Melody starts to shove him towards the door and he looks down at her with what can only be described as a leer, made all that more disturbing with his blood covered face, "So, that's what you've been hiding under all those baggy clothes?" Melody stares at him a second, was he concussed? She may have hit him a bit too hard.

"Get out!" Before Pietro can say anything else she gives him a final shove out the door.

"Ești o femeie nebună!" he yells as Melody slams the door in his face.