Chapter 5

The ground is half empty when we get there.

Kihyun says he's gonna bring over a ball and just dribble around and maybe make a few baskets, while he asked me to join him or sit and watch him.

While he's gone, I pull out my pen and diary and start to jot down the important notes I remember from class.

Suddenly, I feel cold water trickle down my back before I feel the full force of the water all over me. I feel the water flow over my hair, all the way down to my shirt and skirt, making me wet all head to toe.

I turn around expecting Kihyun, but I find one of the cheer leader girls from out school, Nayeon. You can call her the female version of Kihyun, meaning she's the meanie, female bully. She used to bully me back in middle school, before Kihyun made it clear that only he can bully me. Although, her bullying was much more painful, she'd pull my hair, drag me by it, throw things at me, slap and push around. And I wasn't just the one, there were many other girls too. Most of them left the school.

"Nayeon, what do you want? Why did you do that?" I ask, trying really hard to save what's left of my diary. It's all wet now.

"Looks like you forgot what I used to do to you. Don't forget, you don't get to talk to me like that" she says with sass and anger. I roll my eyes and ignore her, as I try to squeeze as much water put of the clothes as possible, without revealing my stomach.

"She can talk to you however the hell she wants. I think I made it pretty clear at the start of last semester that she's mine. No one else can even lay a hand on her. And that means you too, Nayeon" I hear Kihyun's voice from behind us.

I notice Kihyun walk towards me, a basketball in one of his hands. He places the ball on the ground on reaching me, and covers me up with his uniforms overcoat. That's when I realise I must be showing my bra, since our school shirt is all white.

He picks up the ball and walks towards Nayeon. Nayeon doesn't seem too bothered by Kihyun, as she just smiles and stares at me.

"Nayeon, I know you were the one who pushed Yura back at the hallway the other day. Remember, I keep letting you off the hook because you're a girl. But don't test me, one day when I'm done with my patience, I'll forget that you're a girl" Kihyun says, as he walks around Nayeon in slow strides.

I see it. Its small but it's there, a small flicker of fear in her eyes.

"Whatever..." she says, pushes her hair back in sass and walks away.

Once she's gone, Kihyun comes back to me and says, "This day really sucks. Let's just skip today. We need to start our work on our English project anyway"

I don't argue, because frankly, I'm a little tired too. And I'm all wet, all the more reason to skip classes.

Once we're inside the car, I give him back his jacket. Kihyun looks at me and says, "Are you stupid? Who wears pink under white shirts?" I look down and see that my white shirt has turned into completely transparent material, and it's showing my bra color.

I quickly cover my chest with my arms. He throws his jacket over me and says, "Cover up. We're going somewhere"

I'm about to ask him where, when he says, "We'll stop by a store and get you something else to wear"

"But Kihyun, let's just go home. You said so yourself that we have a project to work on. And why to buy new clothes, I'll just change into my clothes back in your room" I say, trying to reason with him.

"It seems you have started to go against all of my wishes. I think you need a little bit of a reminder of who's in charge here, Yura" he says, as the car starts to move, his eyes on the road.