Paranoid

Jack's POV
I woke up to a noise coming from somewhere near me. Once my eyes opened I could see that it was my phone making the noise. I looked at the notification. It was a message from and unknown number..? I checked the time above the notification. 3:27AM. Damn who the fuck is texting me this late? And why? I decided to read the text once my eyes adjusted to the light. That's when I was able to realize that Mark's arms were wrapped around my waist with a strong grip to them. His face was rested on the floor behind my head. His lips softly caressing the nape of my neck. It kinda tickled. The text read: Sean, I know where you live, I will find you, and take you away from Mark. I will make sure. He. Is. Mine. Tomorrow will be your first day of high school right? Well, let's say that tomorrow will not only be your first day in high school, it will be the beginning of a living hell for you. Just. You. Have a good night's rest Sean. You'll need it for the rest of. The. Year. And I know you're reading this right now. But don't worry, there's no point in checking everywhere, I'm already gone, Mark won't be able to hold you and protect you for much longer."

I started to shiver. I hadn't realized the tears streaming down my face until I heard a tear drop on the carpet. I wanted to scream. I wanted to break down. But I didn't want to wake up everyone. I sat up, quietly, slowly, and carefully as to not wake up Mark. He was still sound asleep when I stood up. But that was when I felt the cold air of the house sting my body. I looked at my outfit. I was wearing my gym shorts and a sweater. Why was I wearing shorts? I looked over and saw Mark's sweat pants on the ground. I looked back at Mark only to see that he was in boxers and a tank top. What the fuck did you do last night?

I grabbed Mark's sweat pants and put them on over my gym shorts. I looked back at everyone. They were all still asleep. Good. I walked towards the kitchen and rubbed the sleep away from my eyes. I grabbed a cup from the cabinet and looked in the fridge. Some milk is good.

I grabbed the milk from the fridge and set it down on the table. I opened the cap and poured it in the cup. Once that was done I put the milk carton back in the fridge. I grabbed the cup and sat down on one of the chairs. Then I heard something moving around in the living room. Soon the noises turned into foot steps. I felt fear rise in my stomach as the foot steps got closer. Then the foot steps got quieter. I waited for a moment until I heard a familiar voice erupt the house. "Sean?! Where are you?" I heard the voice come from the living room. It sounded like Mark. I turned on the lights to the kitchen and peeked my head out of the doorway to see what the fuck Mark was doing. All I saw was Mark pacing around the room. "Mark are you ok?" I ask to get his attention. I had stopped crying like a baby so no one would worry but I knew Mark was worried. "Oh my gosh, baby, are you ok? Are you hurt?" He asked frantically. "Mark I-" but he cut me off.

He embraced me in a tight hug. I hugged back confused. "Mark I'm fine, you don't need to worry about me.." I say to reassure him. He looked at me straight in the eyes and his expression turned serious. "Ja- Sean, I read the text... I'm worried about you," Mark said and kissed my forehead protectively. That's when I broke. I broke down crying. My heart already shattered in a million pieces. "Mark! I'm s-so scared! I d-don't k-know what to do! I'm so s-so terrified, I can't l-leave your side f-for a second! I-I n-need you t-to be with me! Y-you're al-all I have l-left!" I shouted in between sobs into his chest. We stood there just holding each other. He would kiss my head every so often. He rubbed circles into my back and whispered sweet nothings into my ear. I felt loved. Protected. Cared for. "M-Mark.. I'm s-so scared..." I mumble into his chest. My tears kept streaming down my face and my breathing hitched every once in awhile.

"I know baby, I know. I'm always gonna be here.. you know that I love you. And you know that you are my number one," Mark whispered in my ear and kissed my head. "I love you Mark, I don't know what I'd do without you.." I mutter into his chest. "I love you too Jack, you are the most amazing person I have in my life.." Mark replied.

"Mark?"

"Yes?"

"Could you sing me a song?"

"Sure. What song?"

"Oh miss believer."

"Alright."

"Oh, miss believer my pretty sleeper. Your twisted mind, is like snow on the road. Your shaking shoulders prove that it's colder, inside your head, than the winter of death.
I will tell you I love you, but the muffs on your ears, will cater your fears. My nose and feet are running as we start to travel through snow. Together we go.
We get colder as we grow older. We will walk so much slower.
Oh miss believer, my pretty weeper, your twisted thoughts, are like snow on the rooftops. Please take my hand we're in foreign land. As we travel through snow, together we go.
We get colder as we grow older. We will walk so much slower."

He finished the song and I had calmed down. "Your voice is beautiful Mark," I say as we let go of each other. Mark moved his hands to my hips as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Not as beautiful as you, love," Mark said and kissed my forehead. Then we heard giggling and a few snaps. We turned our heads only to see everyone staring at us with their phones out. "That was the most adorable thing I've ever seen," Ethan says as Tyler wraps an arm around him. "Yeah we got videos and photos," Ken said with a chuckle. "You guys are creeps," Mark says and holds me tighter. He pulled me closer to him and I giggled when he started kissing all over my face. "He's mine," Mark said as I melted into his embrace.

"Alright guys, let's get to bed, we have a long day tomorrow," Bob says tiredly. "Alright c'mon, I'll get you guys some blankets," Mark says and walks off to the hallway where the blankets were stored. He opened the hallway closet to reveal blankets and towels. He grabbed about four blankets and I grabbed like three more. On our way back to the living room I accidentally dropped a blanket. I bent over to grab it. I got back up and saw Mark blushing furiously. "What? Can't handle my Irish booty~?" I cooed to Mark as I started walking again. I swayed my hips in my way back to the living room just to tease Mark.

Once everything was settled and everyone had covers over them we all went to sleep. Tomorrow, or well, in a couple hours, we would start high school. Together. Not only as friends. But family.

A twist. Remember Alyssa? From a few chapters back? Well I just remembered her too so she's gonna make a come back. Alright I'm gonna work on my subnautica au. But I'm not very interested in continuing the subnautica story because I'm kinda bored with it.